Chapter ~9

Sitting across from the man who seemed to be staring at him cheekily, Pete poured himself a glass and hastily gulped it down. He was beginning to regret asking Vegas to come over whenever he wanted to. For sure, Vegas was going to utilize his shot to the maximum extent.

"They found out who you are sooner than I expected." Prem broke the lingering silence. "Vegas is something else. I like him."

Pete's eyes flared with annoyance. "But I don't."

"Really now, even after the stuff you did during your heat?" The old man teased even though he had no idea of the details.

Pete walked around the desk nonchalantly and stopped beside Prem. "That man is crazy. I have no idea how my life got entangled with him." He breathed out. "Should I call him and take back my words?"

"You dare not. He's Violet's son after all. I'd advise you to keep him. He can't be that bad." He shrugged and Pete frowned.

"You met her?"

Prem nodded. "I met her last night to discuss business." That was all he said, no further details were given.

The look on his face asked Pete not to question him further which the young man grasped. "I won't ask more."

He then went ahead to say. "I won't ask you to completely let down your guard or trust Vegas but at least get to know him. I've been saying this a lot of times over the years. Not every alpha is bad like you think."

Pete had wanted to speak but he suddenly locked eyes with an eavesdropping Joey. Being caught, listening awkwardly, he made his way over while tugging the end of his clothes.

"I wasn't... I wasn't listening in on your conversation. I was just passing by." He lied. He was just so curious to know why Pete hid he was an omega.

Pete yanked him closer and the young man flinched at the act. "Spill what's on your mind."

Joey blinked vigorously, trying to find the right words. "You... You're just like me. Why did you hide it?!"

"Do I have to answer to you?" Pete sneered.

Out of nowhere, Joey threw himself at Pete, wrapping his arms around his savior. Pete was startled and tried pushing him away but the little man wouldn't budge. "OMG! How can you be an omega and be so strong? Hey, can you teach me a thing or two? I promise I won't spill your secret." He pleaded.

Pete felt he couldn't breathe from how hard he was being held. "Let go." His tone was stern but no way that would intimidate Joey.

"I don't want to be so weak. I can't even go against Pun. That bastard." He suddenly looked annoyed. "He's so rough when we're having sex and I sometimes want to punch him but he's too strong!" He spilled the words before he realized.

Pete leaned back at stared curiously at Joey. "You still see that guy? Do you even go as far as having sex? What's wrong with you?" Pete scolded him harshly because he did not like Pun very much.

Joey sighed. "I have no choice. He keeps insisting we should be mates."

"How stupid are you? He's a tricky alpha damn it!" Pete said in fury.

Prem hilariously stared at the duo. Pete suddenly looks like an overprotective parent and he couldn't help but wonder what he's gonna be like should he have a child. "It's fine if you don't want to enjoy life to the fullest but allow Joey to do what he wants. It's not like the said person is forcing him anyways."

"Tell me, did he force you? I'll go kill him if he did." Pete urged.

Joey quickly shook his head. Pun got on his nerves but he couldn't deny the fact that he liked him. "No no, he did not do anything of the sort. I did it willingly."