Chapter ~16

It's been long. I know. A lot of things taking up my time but here you go, guys. I hope you enjoy it.

~~~~~

Pete woke up to find the other side of the bed empty and his face turned awry. Thinking of where Vegas could be, he stepped to the mirror and his jaw dropped immediately at how awful he looked. He only had his boxers on and apart from his covered parts, every other place on his body was covered in love marks, looking like he had been devoured by the wildest animal in the jungle. But why was his heart beating so fast just by looking at Vegas' artwork?

Recalling how hard they did it, he blushed and a sudden embarrassment washed over him. Thinking his confession led to this made him want to hide under a rock but this was a different Pete today. He wasn't going to be a headache anymore. Realizing his trauma wasn't an excuse to hurt Vegas, his heart sank. "I'll make it up to you, Vegas." He mumbled lowly to himself.

His eyes darted around the room and landed on the nightstand. There was a note. Hurrying over, he ignored the slight ache in his back and down his ass. He picked up the note and a smile glinted across his face.

Good afternoon, beautiful.
Take a shower and put on the clothes I already prepared for you then come downstairs for lunch.

Pete's spotted the clothes and he chuckled. "You knew how brutal to handle me and prepared the right clothes? How thoughtful." He put back the note and proceeded to the bathroom for his routine.

Not so long after, the door to Vegas' bedroom closed behind Pete, and he went down to have breakfast. The atmosphere when he arrived was quite loud. The house was more packed than usual. Kinn and Porsche were chatting happily, Macau sitting lazily and pretending not to notice Pete. The omega rolled his eyes when he locked eyes with Prem and Joey wondering what brought them to the house.

"Why are you here?" He questioned while trying to find Vegas.

"Young man, we need to talk. I only permitted you to go on a date not to get married instantly." Prem scrutinized Pete from head to toe, grinning at the omega who did well in hiding the marks on his body.

"Nothing happened." Pete shot back with a deadly glare."

"Pete! Joey screamed and lunged at him. His hug was so strong Pete felt he would break. "I missed you and had to follow Prem here." The young man had been love caged by Pun and rarely went home to Pete so seeing his saviour got him all excited.

Pete had no choice but to return the hug. Joey was super clingy and wouldn't let go if Pete did not reciprocate the gesture. "Whatever you need to talk about can wait right? Pete sighted Vegas making lunch and his heart began beating rapidly. He pulled back from Joey and strode away, giving Prem no chance to speak further. 

"This brat!" Prem yelled after him but Pete didn't spare a glance. "You'll still need to talk to me anyway. He had a reason for being here.

Vegas lifted his head after sensing Pete and he couldn't help his smile. "You're up." He returned his gaze to the omelet he was making and hell, Pete thought the man was the sexiest. He couldn't help but imagine how the alpha was going to look if he only had on the apron without clothes.

What on earth am I thinking? This isn't like me. His thoughts made him embarrassed but wait a minute. His nose crunched. Why didn't Vegas walk over to him to kiss him like people do after having a lovely night? He did not like it at all. At least a good afternoon kiss but Vegas did not look like he would.

Pete leaned against the counter, crossing his arms over his chest with his lips twitching to let the words out. "Vegas." He called and the alpha give him his attention. "It's embarrassing to say this but are you not going to kiss me?"