Chapter ~13

A month later

Pete's back rested against a tree, gaze focused on Prem intensively supervising his men at the training field. Anyone would think he was interested in what was happening around him but in reality, he was not.

He still was puzzled he went to Vegas and did that stuff with him when he legit had no feelings toward him. What was special about Vegas? Because clearly, Pete wouldn't do any of that if the person in question was not the alpha. Vegas had a high effect on him and his mind couldn't decipher. I also did not go wild when he... Do I by any chance... His hand made its way to touch his lips, the kisses he shared with Vegas flashing before his eyes in vivid detail.

"Thinking of him?" A voice suddenly interrupted his thoughts.

Pete snapped back to earth and acknowledged Prem's presence. "Well, I was... er, I don't know." He announced.

The man tilted his head quizzically. Curiosity crossed his face while wiping the sweat off his body with a towel. "You don't have to lie to me. I've been with you for years and I can see right through you." His lips angled into a smile. "You can share if you want."

Pete scratched his head and peered intensely at the man. Hesitantly for a moment, he said, "Previously, I used to freak out when he touched me but this time I did not." He ran his hand across his face. "Worse, I went to him myself because I was worried he couldn't cope alone in his rut. I think I've gone crazy—I don't understand myself."

Prem sat on a bench closest to them and patted the space next to him, gesturing for Pete to take a seat too. "Subconsciously you yearn for him, don't you think?" He lifted a hand to Pete's shoulder, resting it there. "As a mate to be precise."

Pete narrowed his eyes at the man. "That's crazy."

"Yes, crazy enough for you to forget your wound and get laid with him." He teased with a straight face. "Your world is crazy, Pete, and you know it. I wouldn't push him away if I were you." He spoke earnestly. "Previously, you hated his guts and freaked out because there was no ounce of feelings involved. But you don't anymore and I think deep down, you have a little bit of trust for Vegas but haven't recognized it yet. That person keeps giving you thousands of reasons to trust him every single day."

"I only felt the need to repay a favor, Prem, don't get any funny ideas," Pete announced.

Prem raised a brow. "As a father, I'll advise you to quit lying to yourself. I feel Vegas is the right person to help you. How many times have I told you not everyone is like that garbage?" Pete rolled his eyes but the man continued. "Your belief is going to push a good person away from you if care is not taken. I'm not asking you to rush into things but just slowly allow him into your world. I know it's not easy but do try and warm up and if possible, open up. Who knows, he might be the cure you need." Prem was just too certain Vegas was a great person.

Pete was silent for a while, unsure of what to say. "You talk too much, old man." He looked away, pondering over Prem's words.

"Look." The man pointed in a direction and his face beamed with smiles. "Speak of the devil and he appears."

"Hey, Prem." Vegas' silhouette appeared in front of them and he greeted cheerfully with his eyes fixated on Pete. Happiness filled his heart in an instant after seeing his most treasured person.

The old man got to his feet. "Right on time. I'll leave you both to talk. Let's have our meeting in my office when you're done, Vegas." He said and he was immediately on his way.

Vegas kept glancing at Vegas, wordlessly waiting for his permission to sit. It took a while for Pete to nod his head, allowing Vegas to settle beside him. "How are you?" Vegas inquired.