Chapter ~15

WARNING: Mature and Explicit Language

-

Pete shoved his hair rudely out of his eyes with a slight growl escaping his throat as he hauled out of the car and harshly slammed the door shut, making Vegas flinch from behind the wheel. The alpha quickly pursued him and halted Pete by barring his path.

"Can you calm down, please?" Vegas pleaded while inwardly cursing the beta for intruding on his date. It was supposed to be a pleasant night to remember.

Jealously was an emotion Pete had never felt. He had no idea what it was because never has he given his heart out to anyone so it was all new to him. He was in no mood to speak to Vegas right now. "Can you get out of my way?" His tone came off calm, trying to mask his current emotion. "I'm tired and need to rest."

Vegas took a step closer. "You're still mad at me, Pete. I don't like you being like this."

"Why would I be? Because of that guy?" Pete derided. "As for what I did back there, it was because of his repulsive attitude. Ah, I also saved your ass so you should be grateful to me for getting him off your back. Don't you think?"

Vegas slowly took both of Pete's hands in his, eyes piercing deep into the starry ones of the omega. "I know a jealous person when I see one." He firmly stated.

"Vegas, listen to me carefully. I do not care if you two had something in the past or still gonna continue. Do you know why?" He scanned the alpha quizzically. "Because you and I will never be a thing. Can you stop pestering me already? You should know when someone's not interested. Take no meaning to everything I said back there." He roughly yanked his hands away from the alpha's and strode past him, brushing their shoulders in the process with his inside blazing like a burning inferno.

Vegas blinked continuously with his hands stuck in the air, not knowing what his next action should be. That hurts, Pete. Vegas' chest constricted painfully. Just when he thought he might get a chance. How many times will you trample over my heart?

After some time, Vegas sluggishly stepped into the house finding his cousin and partner staring up the stairs. Porsche spoke first after noticing Vegas. "Hey, what's up with Pete? He completely ignored us. Me especially."

Vegas knitted his brow. "How do you know his name?" Clearly, this was their first time meeting Pete but he acted like he knew the omega.

"We met at a resort in Taiwan a year ago but aren't exactly close. I have a good memory. He was like a mute during our entire stay and I kept pestering him every day till I could finally get his name. I'm surprised to see him here of all places. Porsche declared. "But why did he not recognize me? Is he in a bad mood or something?

Kinn focused his gaze on his cousin. "Did you do something to the guy?" He knew Vegas all too well.

Vegas replied grumpily. "I'm the one with an aching heart, Kinn. Why are you both here anyways? I thought you were never coming back."

"I just got here and you already throwing me out?" Kinn asked in a gruff tone. "I'm just tired from handling work in Japan and came here for a breather. Got a problem with that?"

"Well, whatever," Vegas replied.

Vegas and his cousin both settled on the bar stool for a little chat while Porsche on the other hand was itching to go find out if Pete remembered him but he knew better. He would have to wait till later.

"How's business here?" Kinn inquired while pouring whiskey into their glasses then handed one to Vegas. "I can tell you're doing great with work but something else is more draining. Is it about the guy from moments ago?" Kinn could see evident hurt in his eyes and suddenly got curious. It was rare seeing Vegas act this way.