Chapter ~14

I went MIA but am kinda back now so here's an update. It's a super long chapter and I hope you enjoy it.

~~~~~

A new day beamed with smiles as the two lay in each other's arms, peace inundating them in its delightful embrace. Pete squirmed slightly and his eyes went half-lidded as he peeked at Vegas through his thick lashes. Slowly, his hand carefully made it to the alpha's face for a feel.

Vegas on the other hand felt the touch of the warm hand against his skin and his heart tingled with wild pleasure. He dared not open his eyes for concern of Pete retracting his hand. He wanted to enjoy this for a few seconds at least.

Pete gave gentle strokes to the alpha's face with his thumb and admired the man before him. He still looks breathtaking in his sleep. His thoughts run back to the passionate kiss they shared and he flushed, feeling embarrassed at how he enjoyed it. A part of him poked the back of his mind, tripping him not to have enjoyed the kiss but his heart was pleased and probably-wanted more.

Pete shook off those thoughts and decided to pull back his hand but a stronger one kept him in place. "Don't... It feels nice." Vegas huskily mumbled out with his eyes now open and meeting Pete with a smile.

Pete tried to pull away but Vegas wouldn't budge. "Let go of my hand." He deadpanned.

Vegas snaked his arm around Pete's waist and pulled him in till there was no space left between them. He leaned his face closer till Pete could feel the hot breath flood his skin and his lips twitching in want. "Good morning, beautiful." The alpha whispered against his ears, his action making shivers crawl up Pete's spine.

"I need to work." Pete reminded.

Vegas shook his head. He wanted to bite those lips so much but behaved himself. He wouldn't want to be chased out. "Work can wait."

Pete cocked a brow at the man. "You speak like I work for you. Let go before I kick your ass." His words conflicted with his actions and that's because his body voluntarily pressed more into Vegas.

Vegas smiled with satisfaction. "You want me to let go but keep pushing into my arms."

"Damn you, Vegas. The couch is too small and I don't want to fall off." Pete replied immediately.

Vegas chuckled and pressed a kiss to Pete's head then nuzzled their nose together before letting go. Pete's chest felt itchy at the touch. He liked it and even craved more but he wasn't willing to be shameless and quickly got off the couch to save himself. He cleared his throat awkwardly and started heading towards the bathroom but stopped in his tracks.

"Err, Vegas..." He nibbled on his lower lip, not sure if he should say the next words. He exhaled deeply before saying. "Thanks..." He breathed. Thanks for last night." And then rushed off before Vegas could say anything.

The alpha sat himself up, feeling amused by the bear's actions. Knowing Pete, he knew he was bound to be embarrassed by letting those words out. "You're welcome, baby," Vegas replied rather loudly.

"Don't call me that!" Pete responded. "I'll kick you out if you don't stop."

"Be sure to add a kiss before doing so." Vegas broke out a laugh in his throat.

An hour went by real quick and the alpha wanted to curse at the clock for the first time in his life. He wanted to stay longer but it wouldn't permit him to do so. Petty? Yes, he was. He felt like smashing the clock. He hauled through the halls with Pete in front. His eyes trailed down till they landed on Pete's round ass and he felt blood rush to his groin.