Chapter ~11

Well, a surprise bonus chapter for the week!

~~~~~~

Vegas sat across from Pete, his eyes flicking between amusement and worry from how Pete clutched to the sheets and blazingly stared at the alpha. Trailing his fingers over the sheets, his hand made its way to touch Pete's cheeks but the omega quickly yanked his hand away.

"You woke up being mad at me?" Vegas hoped Pete does not flare up today.

Pete wordlessly buried his face in his hand, a throbbing headache taking over and he felt his head might explode. "Ah... my head hurts." He groaned without sparing Vegas a glance.

"You drunk too much."

The headache was no longer Pete's concern after figured he should be addressing the most important topic. "Did you take advantage of me while I was drunk?" Pete's face squeezed into a frown.

Vegas cracked a striking laugh. "This is what I get for taking care of you?"

"I know what your kind is capable of." Thinking again, he felt no pain in his ass but who knew what this man was capable of. He still did not trust Vegas in any way. "Why did you have to be at the club? What exactly do you want!" He yelled. "Your kind always took advantage of us because we're pathetically weak! I can never like you no matter how much you try so just stop it here, Vegas. It's enough."

Vegas moved to the edge of the bed and braced his hands against the bedside table. His figure was slightly hunched as he processed the ungrateful utterances. "Why do I keep getting involved in your business? Pete," his voice was sultry. "Is liking you a crime? Do I have to endure your attitude toward me every damn time?" He blew out a little air. "I stopped you from embarrassing yourself further, got you home, and made sure I got you settled in but this is what I get?" Vegas couldn't contain himself today. He couldn't take Pete's behavior.

"I never asked you to do any of that, Vegas. Don't try painting me ungrateful when I didn't ask for it."

"Pete." Vegas' eyes became sharp.

The look in his eyes was sharp as a blade, making Pete very uneasy on different levels and he dared not to look twice. Even though Vegas said no more, the oppression in his eyes remained strong.

"W-why are you staring like that?" Pete stammered slightly.

"There's medicine for your hangover. Take it and come downstairs for breakfast when you finish your morning routine." Vegas stepped out without looking back.

Pete had known Vegas for months but this was the first time Vegas had so much anger in his eyes. Did I see right? Pete shook off the feeling and rolled off the bed, taking Vegas' instructions word for word. He couldn't recall vividly his actions after he got drunk. As much as he tried to remember. All efforts seemed futile.

Pete looked in the mirror, fully dressed, and traced his fingers on his sides. What a stunner. His smooth and delicate skin shinned as his hand made its way to trace along his gorgeous lips. Why do I feel like I did something last night? I'm never drinking again.

He walked through the hallway, suppressing his inner struggles. Step by step, he descended the stairs. With every step he took, he heard voices. More like people laughing their asses off. Making Macau and Joey out, he approached but Vegas was nowhere in sight. Where's he? He kept looking around.