Chapter ~7

Pete gripped hard onto Violet's arm, greatly regretting his words from earlier. He couldn't believe he mumbled those three words. He would have never done that if he was a hundred percent sane. He went through heat all by himself in isolation and he believed he could get through this.

"I don't know how you masked your scent so well but I'm quite relieved this is who you are." Her concerns from before disappeared in a flash. But..." She chose her next words carefully. "Do you want me to call my son?"

Pete flinched. "No, no, don't. He doesn't know I'm an omega, he can't find out so please don't call him. I don't want him to see me in such a vulnerable state."

Violet took Pete's hand, wondering what he went through to live as a beta instead of an omega. "Son, are you certain I shouldn't call him here? He's the one you are yearning for and I'm certain you went into an early heat because you got exposed too much to his pheromones. He's a dominant alpha after all... but if you feel you can successfully go through this period, then I'll respect your decision."

"Have you been exposed to a dominant alpha other than Vegas?"

Pete immediately shook his head. "He's the first." He said inaudibly.

Violet let out a frustrated sigh before saying, "Then this will not be like any other heat you've had and I doubt you can successfully go through it by yourself. He's the reason you're suddenly like this and he should be the one to quench the fire."

Pete quickly pulled his hand away to hug his body. It felt like his body was thrown into a burning furnace and the fire was widely penetrating the deepest of his insides, almost tearing him to shreds. This heat was much more painful than the ones he's had. Was Violet truly right about this? But he in no way wanted anyone's touch especially if it's Vegas, worse, he's an alpha. But his hormonal reaction was beginning to get the better of him no matter how much he tried to suppress it.

But the urge to smell the pheromones of Vegas was hard to resist. He needed something of his to calm. Violet turned up the AC. "Is it better?" Her eyes were full of concern. She brought her hand up to his forehead but Pete wasn't any better. This was getting out of hand.

"Take me to his room," Pete muttered while forcing himself to stand.

Violet quickly agreed and held him up. Supporting him by the arm, she led Pete out of the guestroom. On their way, Pete's eyes landed on Macau from a distance, and he almost puked his guts out. The wet forest smell escaping Macau felt so disgusting to Pete. This wasn't what he wanted.

"Ugh... You stink... Get out..." He couldn't bear it.

Violet screamed at her youngest. "Get out Mac! Until he's fully in your brother's isolation chamber. You don't wanna run wild and pounce on him, do you?"

"You... You... You're an omega?! Macau couldn't understand it but he knew what this situation was. The only one Pete probably wanted to smell at the moment was Vegas' and not him so he wasn't going to take offense to Pete calling him stinky. He also couldn't stand Pete anyway, he was already losing it. But what on earth is happening? I need to go ask Joey then I'll call Vegas. Macau quickly ran out of the hallway and then out of the house.

Finally, they were in Vegas' bedroom, and Pete instantly felt a little bit of relief as the sandalwood scent graced his nose. He didn't want to see Vegas but he was going to selfishly use his scent to get through this phase.

Violet did not settle Pete in the bed but walked him to a corner and pressed a button. A door slid to the side and revealed Vegas' isolation chamber. This was the place he used when he was in his rut. Never once had he slept with any beta when he went into a rut because he knew they wouldn't be able to handle him in such a state. Thus, he stayed in here till it was fully over. He also had the place specially designed to prevent pheromones from escaping. This was the safest place for Pete to be at the moment.