EPISODE 8

BEFORE I knew it, April 7th, my birthday came. Liam had woken me up with a call and birthday wishes, I kinda forgot it was my birthday and was glad he remembered. He made plans to take me to the movies and his house thereafter. I didn't object.

I'd spent my last birthday, still mourning mom and recovering from the fact my dad had a second wife with an older son, which hadn't been the best birthday. I got curses instead of wishes, from people after beating Parker up in the cafeteria.

Well, no bad thoughts today, I should only think of the day ahead with Liam. Thankfully, it was a Sunday, no school hindrance.

As usual, we met at the bus stop. We got into the bus and Liam seemed happier than I should be . We've finally decided to use dress codes to avoid the first hangout incident.

Liam had this weird idea to twin up. It felt like it was his birthday and not mine. We had on blue jackets, his, being brighter. Blue joggers, blue sneakers. It was like the color BLUE was having a day out. The only thing left out was to dye our hair blue, which Liam had said he was considering and I called him a 'blue little prick'

"Guess what?" Liam squeaked.

"What?" I just hoped it wasn't something as absurd as blue headbands or blue neck scarves.

"Tada." He fished a card from his pocket, waving it on my face. "I got my driver's license."

"Wow! When'd you get that?"

"Last week. Mal had some connections. Kav took me. I wanted to drive you today."

I smiled, if I didn't know better, BLUSHED. He always said the sweetest things easily and casually. "That's thoughtful."

"Can you take off the contacts?" Liam asked wearily, as if testing the waters.

I was taken aback, hadn't expected it. "I don't have the case."

"I'll get you a new pair. Just wanna look at you without the contacts. Just for today."

I sighed, not irritated or annoyed, just a heave of breath. Using my phone as a mirror, I took the contacts off. He stretched out his palm and I put them on it. I squinted a few times to adjust to the loss of the contacts not minding where he put them. I've had the contacts on for months and were comfortable with them.

I looked at him when the squints reduced and he wore a genuine smile, "Beautiful as always."

I smiled and looked away, feeling my ears flare up.

We got down at the bus stop and had lunch at the diner as always. Cian wasn't much of a stranger to me, we had mutual conversations now. Liam must have chipped him in about it being my birthday. He wished me a HAPPY BIRTHDAY and I thanked him with a smile, knowing it really would be a happy birthday, since I was with Liam.

After lunch, we walked to Malaki's house, only this time Liam wasn't dragging me through the streets nor with the intention of ste- borrowing his car.

We got to the house and Liam knocked before letting himself in. Malaki was sitting on a rocking chair by the patio as before, with his intimidating aura never leaving him. I wondered how Kavien, my jovial and outgoing boss, was able to accommodate his aura.

"Hey Mal.'' Liam greeted with a smirk. Mal nodded as a response. "Came to borrow your car."

"Borrow my car? Not steal and return when you like?" He asked, amused. "Do pigs fly now?"

"I could do that__'' Liam rested his jaw on his palm as if thinking__"but he wouldn't like that." He smiled at me.

"Taking your little boyfriend on a date?" He scrutinized us, "Your outfit screams, two lil fags on a date."