EPISODE 13

PARKER was discharged three days later but with strict warnings. He was still so weak but the little runt insisted on going to school the next day which was strongly rejected by the three of us.

"Come on, I'm okay, I won't be stressed." He'd said to assure us but that wasn't convincing enough.

We finally gave in, more like he took his time pestering me about it and I promised to take care of him about a million times before the parents agreed.

Parker was easy to get along with, though he could be a lout sometimes. In less than a week, he talked about how he grew up, stories after stories. I did feel the guilt but it was okay.

Most of them he wished I was in, like the times he rode a bike to school and wished he had his brother to talk to. Or his first surgery, or when his friends always left him out because he was sick. I consoled him, saying we could make more memories together.

He had a long list of things he wanted to do together, most of them strenuous for him, like basketball, football, even one said pillow fight and I teased him asking if he were a girl. I even found he had a girlfriend in class which I never knew.

Spending time with Parker was great but I hadn't seen Liam since the day he drove me to the hospital, just texts and calls like we were doing right now. I was laying on my bed texting Liam after leaving Parker's room and he was sleeping.

To LITTLE PRICK: I'll be in school tomorrow and I'm bringing Parker.

From LITTLE PRICK: I see you guys made up.

To LITTLE PRICK: (smiling emojis)

From LITTLE PRICK: You know Mal left his car for me.

To LITTLE PRICK: Really?

From LITTLE PRICK: Yeah. So I'll pick you up tomorrow?

I squeaked inwardly, I bet he couldn't wait to see me just as I couldn't. I missed him so much.

To LITTLE PRICK: Dad was gonna drive us but yeah as long as you don't mind Parker. He's garrulous.

From LITTLE PRICK: (laughing emojis) No, I won't mind him.

To LITTLE PRICK: So what, you own a car now?

From LITTLE PRICK: I guess. Till Mal gets annoyed and asks for it back.

To LITTLE PRICK: You'd better not annoy him.

I was simpering from ear to ear, chatting with him made me feel so happy. The image of the scene at the beach flashed my mind and I felt my cheeks flare up.

We kept chatting about everything we could think of. I played solitaire on my phone, bored after Liam had made an excuse of 'taking a bath'. I waited for over fifteen minutes and decided to put a call through but a knock on my door made me rule it for later.

"Will__" It was Leah wearing that faux happy face that did nothing to hide the sadness within. I didn't need to ask to know what it was, Parker may have been out of the hospital but not out of danger we all knew it. "Some kid's here for you__"

"For me?" I shut my door at my back while she nodded, "Who's__" I trailed off when I saw Liam down the stairs smirking at me. He came here? That's why he was taking a hell lotta time?

He was wrapped in branded fabrics, a blue Gucci shirt, black Louis Vuitton pants, blue Fendi shoes. I wonder how he was able to match them all together and still looked hot. With his ruffled hair and a chain? I didn't see the need for that.

I glanced at what I had on, just some polo and shorts. I rushed down the stairs to meet him, not caring that I was obviously beaming like a big fool. It took all I had in me not to hug him. I hadn't really told anyone about my new found sexuality. Leah left for the kitchen when she realized I knew the overdressed dude.