EPISODE 15

dedicated to kirakyra36 thanks for the support

****

I WATCHED Parker deteriorate, his condition got worse day after day. It was so heartbreaking to watch him wane.

Authorized by doctor Gray, Liam offered to take Parker to the amusement park. Though being wheeled he was elated. It'd been the last time I saw him genuinely happy, eating ice cream and cotton candy, trying out claw machines but these days he could hardly keep his eyes open. They were blotted and he complained of pain almost all the time.

Kavien was kind enough to give me a month off with payment which I refused, can't be paid for no work. It had to be Liam's doing.

I visited Parker everyday after school, times spent with Liam was close to no time at all. Just the rooftop, which I rarely went up to and texting but I spent most times keeping Parker company to text him. As sweet as ever, he said it was all fine and could wait.

"Hi Leah_" I greeted when I entered the room. She was working on some paperwork, since she didn't want to leave her son's side she brought work to the hospital. She had eye bags from exhaustion she'd tried to hide with make up and made little effort.

"Will." She managed a smile, a very weak twitch of the lips. You'd imagine she was the patient not Parker.

"Dork, can you ask her to get some rest?" Parker grossed, trying to sit up to get a better view of me but gave up and slumped back when it felt impossible with how weak he was. Looking at him, had my heart breaking all over again. "She looks like she's drop dead before me."

"Parker_" Leah hushed in a tone like a plea, "Don't say that."

"I hate to, but Parker's right, Lea." I chimed, "Have you seen the mirror? When was the last time you went home?" I knew the answer already, she'd been in the hospital since her leave was approved.

"Will__" She crooned but I wasn't letting up.

"Why not take the rest of the day?" I suggested moving to the sofa to drop my bag, "I'll be here all day and night, you can come in tomorrow." She parted her lips to protest and I added, "Dad has a thing for pretty women and right now, you're far from it. So rest and look beautiful tomorrow, you don't want your husband looking at other pretty women."

She huffed, before getting up, giving Parker a light kiss on the cheek. She put the papers she'd been working on in her bag before she walked closer to me and patted my shoulder, "Thank you, Will."

Parker wheezed in an attempt to laugh when she left, "Didn't know that'll get her to leave. Would've tried it ages ago." I huffed, taking the seat Leah had been occupying. "How's school?" He asked wistfully.

"Just prepping for college exams." He stretched out his hand and I took it , getting the message and helping him sit up, placing two pillows at his back to help him relax.

"How's things with Liam?" He tried to sound teasing but the cough that followed said otherwise.

I passed him a cup of water, caressing his palm I still held onto, "Good. He's very understanding."

He handed the cup back to me after getting his fill, "Don't let me hinder your relationship."

"Hey," I smiled, squeezing his palm slightly, "You're worth it."

He studied my face for a while before asking with restraint, "Isn't mom worth it?"

"Huh?"

"You never call her mum. It's been a couple weeks."