Puss' Panic Attack

The baker's dozen had teamed up with Jack, Dam could feel the excitement rising in her.

"Another fight?" She laughed.

"Sister! We must be careful. We are on our last life remember?" Puss reminded her, She sighed.

"Si, Be careful, Hermando."

She ran into battle, The tiny dog had managed to escape, She made for him and grabbed him, Unicorn horns flying everywhere, She laughed at Jack, She then hear the whistle.

That deadly whistle.

"No.. No.. No.. Not here.."

She felt the fear rising in her.

"Dam?" Perrito asked, She shook, Her whole body felt as if it was going to collapse.

"I.. I have to go!" She ran away, as fast as her legs could take her, Her brother clearly had the same idea because when she found him, He was laid down on a tree, panting and whimpering.

"Oh.. Mi Hermando.." She stepped next to him, going on her knees she cuddled up to him, just like when they were kids.
When they were out on the road, hiding from bounty hunters and Police men, She cuddled up to him, He calmed down a bit but not enough to stop crying, He hugged her back, Perrito soon found them, Dam kept kissing his head, like Mama Imelda used to do, Perrito helped calm Puss down, Dam was still whimpering and sobbing from fear, But, Perrito helped her too, He laid his head on her leg, Calming her down as she patted and stroked him.

"Thank you.. Perrito.." Puss said, sighing.

"What's going on guys? You guys have been acting off.." Perrito asked, calmly.

"I.. Me and Dam.. We are down to our last lives.." Puss said, Dam nodded slowly. "And I.."

"I'm scared." Dam answered. "We are both.. So scared.." She laughed nervously.

"Well.. It's okay, to be afraid!"

"No, No! Not for Puss and Dam in boots!" Puss said, squeezing his sister's hand.

"We are supposed to be fearless heros, The undying legends.."

"Without lives to spare.."

"We are nothing."

"I need that wish, We both, need that wish!"

"We could get our lives back!" 

"You should tell kitty, She'll understand!" Perro said, Dam shook her head, Puss immediately disagreed.

"No, No no! She cannot, She will never hear of this!" Puss said, hushing perro.

"Okay..? Why?" Perro asked.

"Kitty will never trust me again.." Puss said, Dam was about to disagree. "She won't.. Not after Santa Coloma."

"But that's just one bad heist!"

"Hah.. Heist.. No.. It was not a heist.. It was a church." Dam chuckled. "With a priest, Guests.. And kitty.." 

"Everything except me." Puss frowned at the memory. "I ran away then too."

"Oh.. Oh..! Oh! You left her at the altar?!" Perro gasped, Dam laughed sadly.

"It was wrong, I know!" Puss said, sadly. "I am ashamed."

Dam looked down.

"I just wish, I hadn't hurt her.. So badly." Puss frowned. "I regret that day."

"So.. Maybe you should tell that to kitty?" Perro suggested. "Might make you feel better."

"Might make her feel better too, Hermando."

"Puss? Dog?" Kitty called, Dam quickly wiped her tears and smiled, Puss copying.