The cave of Lost Souls

"Puss?!" Dam yelled, Puss called for her.

Dam walked right into a crystal, Reflecting herself.

"Hey there, Amigo!" She saw her brother on the opposite of the crystal wall.

"Puss!" She whispered to herself.

Puss was too focused on himself to notice his sister banging on the walls.

"You stupid-!" Someone grabbed Dam by the neck and raised her into the air.

"Hello, Gato." It whispered, Dam began to fuzz up.

"You."

Puss was having the time of his life, singing and dancing with his past lives, They had just finished their song when one of Puss' former lives asked for another song.

"No- no, Sorry fellas, but I have to go and find Dam!"

"Dam?" The former life asked.

"Who needs her?"

"She's just your companion!" 

"She's my, Our sister! She has walked along with us always!" Puss said, getting very angry.

"You have the map, and didn't you hear what goldi said?"

"One wish to grant!" The lives chanted.

"We have walked alone, We shall do it again!"

"For we, are puss in boots!"

"The undying hero! We are a legend!"

A memory showed on the cave walls, Puss walking along a road, Riding horses and recieving love from everyone, When Dam was left behind, When there was only room for her when Puss needed help.

"Yes.. But.. Was the legend so big that.. There was no room for anyone else?" Puss asked, Remembering the cold nights alone when he and Dam fought, That cold night when he ran away from kitty, The darkness when he tried to do it alone.

"Oh, No, The legend is still big, It's you that's gotten small!"

"Huh?" Puss asked, confused on what they meant.

"Yeah, You changed man!"

"I hear he's best friends with a dog now!"

"And he doesn't even have a sword.. Some hero!"

The former lives laughed.

"You've become a scaredy cat!"

"We should call him WUSS in Boots!"

The continued to taunt the current Puss.

"You know what?! You guys are jerks! Which is very conflicting for me!" Puss yelled, walking away.

"Oh you think you're better then us?" One of the lives asked.

"Without us, you will always live a life of-!"

"Fear." The wolf growled.

"You."

"I do love the smell of fear," He breathed in. "It's intoxicating."

"It is?" Puss' former life hiccuped.

He held Dam up high by her neck, Puss whimpered.

"Dam?"

"H-el-elp!" She choked, The wolf was holding her neck very tight.

"Let her go!" Puss commanded.

"Did you hear what they said, Gatito?" The wolf whispered.

"Le-et me g-go!" She struggled.

"He doesn't need you.." The wolf whispered.

One of Dam's blades dropped on the ground, sliding close to Puss.

"Dam's blade.." Puss whispered,

"So why don't you just- ARGH!" The wolf growled, Puss had stabbed his foot, Dam was dropped to the ground, Blood on her neck from the Wolf's sharp talons.

"Heh. That wasn't nice, Was it, Gatito?"

"Bugger off, Lobo!" Dam yelled, clunching her neck, whimpering when she looked at her hand to she the fresh blood.

"Sorry to crash the party with your past lives.. Or.. Past deaths, as I like to call them." Death smashed another crystal.

"I was there to witness ALL of them!" Death growled. 

"Each." He dragged his nail across his sickle with each word.

"Frivolous."

"End."

"But you two didn't even notice me.." Death still smiled a wicked smile.

Death disappeared and reappeared behind Puss and Dam.

"Because Puss and Dam in boots laugh in the face of death.. Right?" He smashed two more crystals with his sickles.

"But you're not laughing now." Death commented.

Dam drew her blades and jumped infront of Puss.

"You are no bounty hunter.. You are..!" Dam finally realised who he was.

"Death." He finished, His stare cracked a crystal.

Dam gasped, Puss tightened his hold on the map.

"And I don't mean it metaphorically or rhetorically or poetically or therotically or in any other fancy way.." Death said, Dam whimpered, backing up slightly. "I'm death, Straight. Up."

Dam tightened her grip on her blades, ready to attack at any moment.

"And I've come for you two.."

"B-but.. We're still alive!" Puss excused himself and his sister, Dam laughed.

"You really think that'll stop death?!" Dam asked.

"You know.. I'm not a cat person. I find the very idea of nine lives, Absurd."

Death pointed his sickle at both of the cats.

"And you, Didn't value any of them!" Death growled. "So.. why don't I do us both a favor and just take these last ones, Now."

"That's cheating!" The second-last crystal yelled.

Death threw his sickle at the crystal, smashing it.

"Shh~ Don't tell."

"Run, Puss in boots! Make the wish!" The last crystal yelled, Dam growled.

Dam turned to look at her brother, Running away.

"PUSS!" She hissed, running after her, she felt a sharp pain in her leg. "Ow-!"

A piece of crystal was stuck in her leg, she pryed it out and ran, as fast as her legs would take her, soon she was right behind puss.

And right before death.

Dam ran faster and Faster, limping and shaking in pain.

Dam felt a sickle cut her just barley, She kept running, knowing if she stopped, Death would win.