15. "He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask)"

As promised, Stacy orchestrated a movie night with Steve and Robyn, who you hadn't run into yet at school but were excited to see again; Stacy's little sister, Max; her boyfriend Lucas; and Lucas' little friends Mike, Will and Dustin.

So basically it was babysitting—and my payment was figuring out Eddie outside of class and the library.

Oh. And watching Friday the 13: Part VI.

You loved horror movies. Despite the horror you'd been through, the thrill of a jump scare still did it for you.

Everyone start sitting down, the kids on the floor, Steve took an end, Robyn next to him, Eddie next to her.

Stacy decided to make the detective work for you easier by slamming herself down on the other end of the couch, leaving the spot between her and Eddie small, but available.

"Come on, plenty of room to squeeze in," she said, patting the couch between her and Eddie gently.

You look up at Eddie and give a small smile, almost apologetic at the fact you'll basically be in their laps. You sit down and cross your legs, shifting your hips toward him so the angle gave you more room.

There you were again, inches from his face. You look up at him again quickly, "Sorry, you okay?" You ask.

"Yeah," he replies simply, as you watch his eyes briefly scan the features of your face. Like he's trying to put them to memory.

"Eddie you're gonna love this one!" Dustin looks back, beamingly excitedly. He seemed to look up to him. "It's a bloody one," he wiggled his eyebrows before turning back around in anticipation.

Eddie laughs, and responds with his low tone, "I'm here for it, Henderson."

The movie is good. Nothing beats the original but there are some decent moments. When the guy is trying to comfort the little girl and Jason comes up behind him, you visibly jump, as does everyone else. You're pretty sure you hear Dustin yelp.

And you...well your hand goes instinctively from your mouth, where it had been covering it in anticipation for the next scare, down to Eddie's hand. You freeze. Fuck. He freezes too. Double fuck. You don't know what to say and neither of you move. No one's noticed. They're too busy waiting to see if the guy's gun will be enough to kill Jason.

After a beat, you feel Eddie start to move his hand. It's a little movement and you think he's just going to pull away, the moment of fright over. But instead, he rotated his wrist to hold your hand, interlacing your fingers with his. Your hand and his, crushed together in between where you both sit, no one noticing in the dark room that's only illuminated by the tv screen.

You look briefly over at him but he's looking straight at the movie...and yet you see the smallest of smirks on his face.

He's acknowledging you're looking at him

He's acknowledging you're looking at him. He responds by running a gentle thumb over the back of your hand. The warmness of his hand and the cool ness of his rings give you shivers. Or is it the fact that Eddie Munson is holding your hand? And you're not freaking out about the contact?

You two don't move your hands for the rest of the movie. You flinch a few times for a few more scares and each time you're met with a gentle reassuring squeeze of his hand or another thumb grace across the back of your hand. A gesture that you're okay. Someone has your back.

As the credits roll and everyone starts saying their goodbyes, you realize you didn't talk almost at all with Eddie at this little movie night

As the credits roll and everyone starts saying their goodbyes, you realize you didn't talk almost at all with Eddie at this little movie night. But you've seen enough to have made a judgement call about the type of guy he is.

Stacy was right. He's safe.
But in some ways that made him even more dangerous to you than ever.