35. "What Have I Done to Deserve This?"

"I know you..." he smiles, chewing gum. He leans his forearm against the frame of the front door. He's shirtless, showing off an incredibly tan and toned body with tight jeans that hug his hips. His hair falls in loose waves around his face, with long lashes that flutter with every slow blink as he assess your body.

As if he had forgotten he'd already explored it against your will.

You think you might throw up the contents of breakfast

You think you might throw up the contents of breakfast. You feel your insides involuntarily shake as you stare up at the person who single-handedly ruined your life. Took your innocence, your sense of self, your ability to trust.

You must be dreaming though, right? This is Stacy's house....right? As you stand frozen under the gaze of his blue eyes, you pinch your palm with your nails on your other hand hard enough to break the skin.

It hurts.

This is fucking real.

"You look good," he says with a lopsided smirk and a single, appreciative nod. Does he even realize what he did? Does he even remember anything other than the fact you seem like a familiar face he's seen once before?

You only realize you're not breathing when Stacy come up behind him. "Ugh, gross," she says, roughly removing his forearm from the door frame so she can get past. "I see you've met my brother, Billy," she cocks her head in his direction. "Fucking pervert."

"Fuck off, Stacy," he growls low at her, his face inches from hers. The way he says it creates echos in your head.

You feel so fucking good.

Despite the December Indiana chill, you feel yourself start to sweat.

In an instant, the burning hate in his eyes toward Stacy soften as he turns back to smile at you. "I was just saying hi to..."

"Y/N," Stacy offers, rolling her eyes at him.

"Right...Y/N..." he purrs, still smiling.

You feel frozen to the stone porch. You want to run but you're terrified. You feel your heart pounding in your chest, threatening to make you pass out.

This is worse than any nightmare you could've imagined. You always thought running into him would be the worst thing. Coming face to face with the boogeyman. But your best friend's brother? How...

How could you not know?

"Hey, you okay?" Stacy says, narrowing her eyes at you, taking a step forward. The blood has completely drained from your face, your chest heaving quickly as you feel yourself starting to hyperventilate.

Her movement toward you somehow snaps you out of your paralysis and you stumble backward, almost falling down the stone steps behind you.

"Y/N... what's wrong?" she says slowly, hands up, approaching you like you're the perpetrator in a hostage negation situation. "Did you have a run in with Eddie or something?"

You shake your head no, your mind blanking on even the most basic of language."Uh, no, I mean, yeah," you manage to stuffer, still taking steps back, looking between Billy and Stacy, eyes wide with fear. "Listen, I have to go, umm, sorry," you mumble, before you turn and run to your car and drive away as quickly as possible, peeling out onto the street.

You only get around the street before you pull your Beetle over. You're barely able to open the car door before you throw up your breakfast, letting it splatter on the ice slush-topped pavement. The cold air hits your face, helping to cool it down. It feels like it's on fire. You spit what's left in your mouth and gasp for air. Your hand shakes violently as you push your hair back from your face.

You close the door again and lean your head back against the headrest, trying desperately to recall the deep breathing exercises you learned in therapy back in Colorado. In for four, hold for four, out for four, hold for four...

You never met Billy before or after the night at Jason's party. That was for sure. Stacy had always talked about how much of an asshole he was, but thankfully, he rarely came around. He lived out in California, moved back there after his mom died and his father remarried Max and Stacy's mom. He usually only came around, driving from California to Indiana in his precious Camaro, when he was desperate for money. Since you hadn't been around for the past three years, you had no idea if he ever came back again the night after Jason's party....but he sure as hell was here now.

What now?

You were so set on figuring out who it was that you didn't even think of what you do once you actually knew.

How could you even prove a rape that happened three years ago? A rape of which there was no concrete evidence? Where it would be your word against his?

You almost felt worse now that you knew who it was because you felt there was nothing you could do about it.

And what about Stacy? You knew she hated him, but he was still her brother. How could you ever go over there and feel safe again? How could Stacy even feel comfortable being your friend after knowing what her brother did? Would she even believe you?

You pinch the bridge of your nose, fighting off a migraine that threatens to drill itself through your skull.

Should you even tell Stacy? And if not Stacy, then Nancy? Part of you even has the urge to tell Eddie but...why bother? He clearly doesn't want to be with you. There was no need to drag him into the drama. You just missed having him be your anchor, however short lived it was.

So many questions. No answers. Not even to what seemed to be the simplest of questions. As they swirled around your brain, you realized how tired you felt.  Mentally, emotionally, physically.

You drive home, hoping to god your parents aren't there. The car isn't in the driveway so you're optimistic.

"Hi there, sweetheart," your mom calls from the kitchen as you finely open the front door.  You see her appear in the wall cutout between the kitchen and the family room, wiping her hands on a kitchen towel.

So much for no one being home.

"Hey mom..." you try to upturn your mouth into something that resembles a smile, fiddling with your car keys.  "Dad took the car?"

"Yeah, went to go meet his golfing buddies," she says, a questioning tone hanging on her words. "Is everything okay, honey? You look like you've seen a ghost."

Hadn't you?

"I don't know honestly. I was going to go to Stacy's but I don't feel well. I feel really tired."

Your mom cocks her head to the side sympathetically and throws the towel down on the counter to walk over to you. She gently puts the back of her hand to your forehead.

"You feel a little warm. You're tried? You know, mono has been going around..."

"Yeah..yeah maybe that's it," you say absentmindedly chewing on the inside of your mouth, wanting to agree with whatever she said so you could make your escape.

"Well go get some rest. If you need to take tomorrow off from school we can go to the doctor."

"Okay mom, thanks," you say, weakly attempting to smile again before making your way upstairs.

Mono would buy you time.

Time to make a plan.

***********************

I know we haven't seen much of Eddie in these past few chapters! Just creating more story than just fluff and smut. I promise it'll be back (Eddie, smut, fluff and all) 😏