50. "It's the Final Countdown"

The smell of his cologne hits you first, and you feel your stomach drop out, taking out your knees on the way down.

"Y/N," you hear Billy whisper in your ear, more of a groan or someone long-lost and missed, with a just a hint of unhinged.

You try to speak the word, "No," but it comes out a garbled moan of despair into his hand, still covering his mouth.

"I'm sorry what was that?" he says, swinging you around and grabbing you by the shoulders.

"HELP!" you shout in the direction of the bathroom door, but you quickly feel the sting of his hand all but slapping itself back onto your mouth, while his other hand holds the back of your head steady.

"No, no, no now," Billy chastises you. "We can't have any of that. We can't have you running your mouth anymore. I've been hired to teach you a lesson, see? One you clearly didn't learn the first time."

You hear the girls bathroom door open and your eyes crane to see who it is, hoping it's something who just was coming to use the bathroom and could call for help. Stacy, Robin, anyone.

But it's Jason.

"You don't seem to learn, do you, Y/L/N?" he smiles handsomely, full lips, straight teeth, but knowing how evil he truly is, it just look maniacal to you. He shoves his hands in his pockets. "You, and your freak of a boyfriend, will never win. You think you can take basketball away from me, my girl away from me, and not pay for it?"

You fear hot tears stinging your eyes and you hate yourself for it. You push Billy forcefully, but he overpowers you quickly, shoving you backward into the large bathroom mirror. The glass cracks as your head makes contact with it. You feel the searing pain and your body snakes to the floor. Everything looks double and you try to get up again, but you feel someone dragging you by your ankles to lie you completely on the cold and dirty bathroom floor.

"Don't worry," you hear Billy whisper. "At least this isn't your first time."

The fear you have at how wet the back of your head feels from what you can only assume is your own blood and Billy's chilling reminder bubbles up a scream in your throat. He immediately stops dragging you, dropping to his knees and taking off his shirt.

"God you don't shut up do you," he growls, shoving the shirt in your mouth and tying it behind your head. The forcefulness of the knot against your head wound makes you wince pathetically. "Such a pretty mouth gives me so much fucking trouble." He leans down against your ear. "But not anymore."

*************
Eddie starts looking toward the gymnasium doors where you left to go to the bathroom. He knew it had only been a few minutes but he can't help but feel uneasy with you out of his sight.

Leaves the gym, feeling himself quicken his pace at every step; and his heart sinks when he sees two of Jason's lackeys flanking the doors to the women's bathroom.

He doesn't even think twice about what fact you're in there...and so is Jason. He feels the adrenaline coursing through his veins.

"Get out of the fucking way," he growls, hoping his quickening pace toward the door will result in a game of chicken with these two assholes. He knows he can't take both of them if they don't decide Jason's worth the trouble to defend.

Unfortunately, it does nothing to deter them and when Eddie tries to open the door. As if on cue, the two boys use Eddie's momentum to hoist him into the bathroom, a quick and quiet way to avoid making a scene outside and drawing attention.

They shove Eddie so hard through the swinging door to the girls bathroom that he bangs his head on the wall opposite the door. He staggers back only a few paces before the two boys are holding him by each arm, steering him toward a front row seat to his worst nightmare.