45. "Here Comes the Rain Again"*

Neither of you move for what feels like an eternity but is really only a few minutes of catching your breath and coming down from your collective high.

You feel Eddie leaving leaving soft kisses on your shoulder and his hair tickling your arm.

"I'm going to stay..." you whisper.

"What do you mean?" he murmurs into your shoulder, soft lips refusing to leave your skin.

"I'm going to stay in Indiana. I got accepted to the University of Indiana..."

"What?!" he said, surprised. "I knew you said you might apply but..."

"Well, I did. And I got in," you say, leaning back enough to from him to push his sweat-soaked locks from his face. "And I'm staying next year..."

"Y/N, I don't want you to stay for..."

"Eddie," you cut him off, shaking your head. "This is about what I want. And I want to stay. I want to be with you. There are a dozen schools I could go to and be just fine getting a degree to teach. But there's only one you."

A huge smile crosses his face , dimples sinking in, before he growls, burying his face into your neck, wrapping his hands around your back, pressing your chest back against his. "How on earth did I become the luckiest guy on earth?" he laughs, but his voice cracks just a bit on the last word, just enough for you to realize the wetness that hits your neck isn't a sweat droplet, but a tear.

Your heart breaks a bit in that moment for this man you love. The one who never thinks he's good enough for anything. The one who is so afraid to let anyone in.

"Because you have a good heart," you say, putting your lips to his neck. "And because I love you."

"Fuck," he sniffs, trying to pull himself together, despite the things that you're saying that threatened to make him fall apart. "God, I love you so much," he adds, running both hands simultaneously up the insides of your thighs, cold rings sending shivers up to your core.

His hands reach your hip bones, gripping them as you feel him harden again between your still open legs. You moan and roll your hips, desperate to have him inside of you again.

Eddie takes the invitation, shifting his hands under your ass to place you gently onto your back. He easily slides himself inside of you, already wet and eager for him.

"Oh my god, princess," he groans, rolling his hips into you in a deliciously steady rhythm. "You could not feel more perfect. You could not be more perfect." He continues to move with you, letting his pelvic bone grind against your sensitive bud with every thrust.

Eddie moves his hands up to interlock with yours. You're pinned to his bed, the echoes of that night with Billy not lost on you; but the moment, instead of triggering you, finally sets you free. Because you're here again, only the moment is filled with love, with passion, with the feeling of safety. You trust Eddie, you allow yourself to be filled by him, taken over by him. His deep brown eyes meets yours with an intensity that makes your stomach flip.

"Keep your eyes on me," he whispers with his full lips.

You're trying your best but the familiar knot in your stomach is building quicker the second time, his rhythm deliciously steady against you. "Eddie..." you manage, trying to clue him in on how close you are.

"I know," he says, feeling your legs shake on either side of him. "Let go, baby."

The request is all you need to do just that, your walls forcefully closing on him in waves of pleasure that send pins and needles up and down your body. You arch your back and cry out, gripping his hands tighter in your own.

"Fuck," Eddie manages to strangle, your orgasm causing his own pace to become frantic and sloppy, rushing to follow as soon after you as possible. He bucks against you, convulsing in his own pleasure, not caring as his seed spills out of you and onto his sheets.

To your surprise, he starts laughing.

"What?" you smile, pressing your sweat-slicked cheek against his.

"If you're not leaving, I guess that means we get to do that more often, huh?"

Author's Note: I couldn't help but do two back-to-back steamy chapters. Everyone's been SO patient with the build up that I wanted to double the reward!