Chapter Eight

"Oh, I love it and I hate it at the same time

You and I drink the poison from the same vine

Oh, I love it and I hate it at the same time

Hidin' all of our sins from the daylight"

-Daylight by David Kushner

FYI: this chapter has some smut in it. its not super explicit, but just be aware of that

POV Ryland

Noah looks rough. I'm not one to judge, but he just looks rough. His hair is messy, his eyes wide. He's breathing heavily, and he looks sort of like he might be about to break down. My heart aches. I want to hold him, tell him it will be ok. Instead, I simply grab his hand and pull him inside

Once inside, he just looks around for a couple seconds, neither of us speaking. I want him to talk to me, but I don't even know what to say. The silence is almost suffocating.

"Want to watch dance moms?" I ask, desperate for something to happen. I hate seeing him like this. He seems startled when I talk, but he nods and I lead him over to the couch. We move around for a bit, but I end up sitting between his legs, and he wraps his arms around me. We haven't done anything like this before, but I love it. He starts to lightly scratch his fingernails on my scalp, and it's the most wonderful feeling in the world. I sigh contently and focus on the TV.

"Wait, so this is a show about a little girls dance studio?" Noah says after a couple minutes into the show. 

"Well, technically, it's about the moms, but yeah mostly," I say tilting my head back so I can see him. "How do you like it so far?"

"its...uh...interesting?" he says, and I laugh. He smiles and I feel so much better. I want him to be happy, and if it takes overdramatic reality TV to do it, then I would watch every single episode of dance moms over and over.

"Mackenzie reminds me of Via," he says, and that makes me smile. Via is such a cute kid, and it's obvious Noah loves her. Its sweet.

"What time is your game?" I ask. 

"I need to leave here at about 4, why?" he says. That means we have a couple hours before he has to leave. There is a lot we could do in couple hours. 

I just hum in response. I'm staring at the expanse of his neck, and I have the urge to start kissing him. I'm about to stop myself when I realize that no one is watching, and I can do whatever I want. I lean up and start mouthing along his jaw.

At the first contact, Noah sucks in a breath, and he slowly exhales as I leave behind a trail of soft kisses on his neck. I shift so that I'm facing him, straddling his lap. One of his hands comes to rest on my back while the other slides into my curls. He pulls my head towards his lips and starts kissing me softly. This is...different. 

The other times we kissed it was hot and messy and all sharp teeth, but this, this is sweet, soft. I melt into the kiss, sliding my hands around to the back of his head. He slides his hand out of my curls and uses it to start pulling off my shirt. I groan as he starts kissing down my neck and towards my chest. I pull slightly on his hair as he licks my nipple, eliciting a low moan from him. Noah seems more bold this time around, and I am not complaining.

I stand up and use my momentum to pull him towards the bedroom. We shed different articles of clothing as we make our way to the bed until we are both left in our boxers. I run my hands all along Noah's body, eager to touch every part of him. Touching Noah is exhilarating. His skin is warm under my touch and I kiss all along his different tattoos. One day, I'll ask him what every one of them means.