Chapter Seventeen

"Then you're drivin' me home

And I don't wanna leave

But I have to go

You kiss me in your car

And it feels like the start of a movie I've seen before

Before"

-ceilings by Lizzy McAlpine

POV Noah

"Want to go on a road trip?"

I turn over so I can look Ryland in the eyes. Ever since his injury, we've been spending more time together. Every second of my free time seems to be spent with Ryland, and I'm not complaining. When I'm not with him, I count the minutes until I can see him again. 

"What?" I ask, a little confused.

"I'm almost out of this cast, and once I am, it's back to soccer for me. We'll both be so busy."

I link our hands where they are laying on my bed.

"Sounds fun, but I need to be here for practice. Besides, where would we even go?"

"Texas?"

I scoff and say, "you just moved to Boston and you already want to go back?"

"Well, maybe I want to show my boyfriend where I grew up."

I lean in and put my lips on his, and he makes an appreciative noise. When I pull away, he's lightly bitting his lip.

"I'm sorry. I really wish we could." Ryland just kisses me again.

"It's fine, really. Maybe after playoffs or something."

I just nod, still feeling guilty. Ryland just smiles softly and says, "Want to do something today?"

"Sure, what do you have in mind?"

"I can think of a couple things..." he says, beginning to drop hot kisses down my neck. My hands go to his back, and he bites down on the junction of my neck and my shoulder. I groan and pull him up to kiss him on the mouth. His scent is intoxicating and I nestle my hand in his hair and pull him impossibly closer. He bites down on my lip and I groan. Ryland takes the opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth. I move my hands to his back, feeling along the muscles there. After a couple seconds he pulls back, and I immediately miss the warmth.

"We should actually do something."

I just hum and start mouthing along his neck.

"Noah, I'm serious."

I nip lightly at his collar bone and his back arches off the mattress. I smirk against his skin and say, "Technically, we are doing something right now."

"You're a nuisance," Ryland says, but his hands are in my hair and there is a blush on his cheeks.

"So you want to do something. Got any ideas?" I say right as I take his nipple in my mouth. Ryland groans and the hands in my hair push me closer to his skin.

"Hmmm, I'm not hearing any suggestions, sweetheart. Something wrong?" I tease, and I can picture the glare Ryland is sending me right now, but I just continue to place kisses lower on his body. I reach his hips, and I slowly start to pull his sweatpants down. 

"I can't believe..." Ryland says breathily, "You are..going to do this..right now."

I just grin against his body, taking him in my hands. I tease his slit with my tongue, and he moans. The fingers in my hair tighten and I ease him into my mouth. It's messy and hot and Ryland makes all kind of lewd noises. It's not long before he's coming in my mouth. He hauls me up into a kiss, tasting himself.