Chapter Twelve

"Even if my heart stops beating

You're the only thing I need, ooh, with me

Even if the Earth starts shaking

You're the only thing worth taking, ooh, with me

Even if the sky's on fire

Got you here, it's alright, ooh, with me

And if it's all over

I'm taking this moment, ooh, with me"

-Pretty Boy by The Neighbourhood

POV Ryland

When I wake up, the first thing I notice is that I'm comfortably warm. The next thing I notice is that there's an arm slung over my waist, and someone breathing on my neck. I'm about to panic when I remember that Noah stayed over last night. I sigh contentedly, and settle back against his chest. I look over at the clock and see that it's nearly 10am. I know I need to get up and start my day, but being here with Noah is so perfect. I decide to give it a little more time. 

After about 10 more minutes of just listening to Noah's breathing, I decide I really do need to wake up. I lift Noah's arm up, careful not to wake him, and I roll out from under him. I stand up and try to leave the room as quietly as I can, but I pause at the door, just looking a Noah for a couple of seconds.

He looks so peaceful when he sleeps. His shirt rode up during his sleep, so I can just see the start of his happy trail, and the bottom of his abs. I pull my eyes away because, for one, it's way to early in the morning to be getting turned on.

I start making some coffee, and I get Appa fed. I decide to make some pancakes, so I start getting out all the ingredients. I can't help but smile like an idiot when I remember last night. It was like something out of a movie. We had this amazing dinner, and then he spent the night. It was perfect, like something I would fantasize about in high school. And it doesn't hurt that he's super fucking hot. 

After a good 20 minutes, Noah comes out of the bedroom, stretching. Again, I'm hit with the hard planes of his stomach, and, oh my god, I'm turned on again. This has to stop.

"Morning" He says with a yawn, and I smile.

"Morning. I'm making pancakes if you want some," I say, flipping the pancake by moving the pan. Noah just raises an eyebrow at my display, and I laugh. "You want some or not?"

"Sure, just don't flip it onto the ground," Noah says and I roll my eyes.

"Now I'm going to put all of yours on the floor," I say, before grabbing a plate and putting some pancakes on them. I hand the plate to Noah, and when our hands brush, the touch is electric. 

"Any plans for the day?" Noah says, digging into his pancakes. I wait to see his reaction and he nods with enthusiasm when he swallows the first bite.

"Not really. I start working at Miggy's youth center tomorrow, but I got nothing today." I've got a bit of time before soccer picks back up again, so I told Miggy I would teach some clinics at his youth center. I'm pretty excited, mostly because it will give me something to do in Boston besides just sitting around. I'm not great with huge amounts of idle time. "What about you?"

"I'm baby-sitting Via later, but other than that, I'm free," Noah says. I make a humming noise, and flip a few more pancakes. Noah gets put to put his plate in the sink and I hear him wince. I turn around to face him, and see he's lightly rubbing the side where he got body-slammed yesterday.