Chapter one

1912

I was alone in an isolated cold room. They called it the sick room and people would visit me, I just wanted my Margo. My Mango. They said that Father Grigori will come. Whoever that is, sounds funny I called his Gregory or Giggly. What? It sounds like that. My maid, Ekaterina, came in the room. "Father Grigori will come soon." She said. I looked at her blankly.

"Who?" I asked, the Tsarina entered and the energy of the room died down. "Father Grigori Rasputin, he will help you." The Tsarina replied. I was hoping for Ekaterina to reply because I asked her but it's the Tsarina and I could tell how scared she was of the royal. Ekaterina bowed down.

A soldier walked through the door, his name was Cian. He came from Ireland. He had messy ginger hair and Amber sharp eyes. He was taller then everybody, even Tatiana who was incredibly tall. He said he was seventeen years old. He had a beautiful smile too. He stood rather straight, he had the best posture of the soldiers.

"Dia dhuit, your majesty. Grigori Rasputin has recently arrived." He informed the Tsarina while bowing. He began to open the door as Rasputin walked in. I nearly gagged at the sight of him. He looked worse than my earliest memory of my father and that's when he didn't shave for about 10 years. Rasputin looks like some estranged man who wants to go home and probably got kicked out his village for stealing or something and has a wife.

He somehow 'calmed' Alexei's haemophilia and hanged out with prostitutes. "Father Grigori." The Tsarina greeted rather happily. "Hello my daughter, what occasion do you call me for." Rasputin ignored my presence and Cian walked to me.

"Let us step out for a minute, father." The Tsarina said. I looked at Cian and Cian held his nose. "He's a bit stinky, smells like a rubbish bin." Cian grinned. I nodded. Then Ekaterina did a '3 2 1' symbol and then a maid burst through, she's called Ophelia. She adjusted the covers on my legs. "You poor child! Father Grigori will make you remember your family and ancestors!" She called and then walked to the side.

The Tsarina and Rasputin came back. Rasputin had a long black beard which was as black as his hair. He had mingled skin and the only thing that really stood out was his bright eyes. They were both blue and green which was rather weird because instead of having heterochromia it seemed to change. He put his icy hands on my forehead which was disgusting and I wanted to bite his fingers off and sell them and probably stick them to the Berlin Wall. "My daughter, you are sick. May God heal you." He muttered like a maniac, which he was.

I would've just spat on his face right then because he was doing some weird shit. The room fell silent, the Tsarina stood next to Ekaterina and Cian while Ophelia stood next to Ekaterina. The Tsarina watched with tears in her eyes. Rasputin began praying out loud. I just thought of Guns N' Roses songs. He started to mumble something under his breath. When he was done, he got out the bag he came with and rubbed oils together and then on my forehead.

He went back on his knees and began praying again. I listened to the same Guns N' Roses song in my head over and over again until it felt like it had been like an hour. He got on his feet and frowned. "Father, have you figured out the conflict?" Asked Ophelia. Cian awoken from his sleep and so did Ekaterina. The Tsarina looked like she was going to cry.

Rasputin turned around and said, "I have a weird vision, but it's not clear yet. It's foggy. I must sleep over it." He decided. The Tsarina walked forward. "I'll organise a room for your stay imme-" the Tsarina was going to say but she was cut off by Rasputin. "I have a place to stay in town my daughter, do not worry." He replied. They both left leaving Cian and Ekaterina.

Ekaterina gave me tea. "He's such a fraud." Cian said, Ekaterina agreed. They both didn't believe it. "It's cause children are easy to manipulate. You can't calm haemophilia down." Ekaterina said. I agreed. Cian stood up and looked at the clock. "Ding, nap time." He said before leaving, Ekaterina realized and laughed.

"Nap time now, Astrid." She smiled. Everyone was treating me like I had amnesia, and I was in 1912.. that was the only thing wrong with me. The windows were covered and turned off the lamp. She took my empty cup and left the room, shutting the door.

I didn't sleep, I was wondering about Margo, did she go to the wall on her own? Hopefully she's okay. Why am I in 1912.. was it that necklace? It must've been.. I miss my Margo, my Mango. I laid there until I heard the door creak open. There was a silhouette of a tall, elegant and slender girl holding a candle. I thought of Queen and the Bohemian Rhapsody. "I see a little silhouetto of a man, Scaramouch, Scaramouch, will you do the Fandango!" I whispered.

"Who is that?" I asked. The girl hissed at me to be quiet. "Astrid, it's me, Tatiana." She whispered very quietly. "Tatiana?" I repeated but whispered. I didn't know which sister she was. She sneaked towards me, putting the candle that illuminated the room on the side. She stared at me for a bit.

"Do you know who I am?" She asked and I looked at her. "Yeah, your Grand Duchess Tatiana Nikolaevna." I replied. She looked very disappointed at my answer. "How are you feeling?" She asked. I nodded. "Okay." I replied and then she looked at me. "You saw Rasputin today, right?" She asked me, I nodded my head as a yes. She looked at me with sharp tears in her eyes and unexpectedly hugged me. "I'm so sorry my dearest sister." She sobbed, I blinked a few times. Did she call me sister? There was only four grand duchesses.

She pulled away and wiped her nose with her sleeve. "Good night Asty." She smiled at me and she grabbed her candle and left me. A million questions raced through my mind at once, thinking why she called me sister.. weird.