Chapter Fifty One

Picture: The Romanov Family (Nicholas II, presumably Elisabeth of Hesse, Maria Nikolaevna, Olga Nikolaevna, Tatiana Nikolaevna, Alexandra Feodorovna and Anastasia Nikolaevna) outside a hospital in 1915.

We love Grigori Putin/jjjjjjjj

October 1915
The year has gone by in a bliss, the same common schedule, of me visiting soldiers with the little pair. Papa had to go to the front, and took Alexei with him. Edward left, I guess he wasn't impressed since he took a liking to Tatiana more, they even agreed to exchange letters! Oh fuck you Tatiana, now we won't be able to escape! Rasputin has been around more often but I usually avoid him same with Cian, he hates the man's guts. Most days I am with either Olga, Cian, Caoimhe, Valentina and Zander. Right now I was with Olga, since she has started to get mentally worse.

Once we were walking and she broke a glass panel, then she carefully handed it to me, I went along with this and broke it too then handed it to Maria. Maria broke it, handed it to Anastasia and she broke it, then she handed it to Cian who stomped on it, Caoimhe broke some, Valentina broke some and Zander completely left it in shatters. I don't blame Olga's actions at all. She is a very sensitive young woman and she has seen so many deaths throughout last year, and this year. I suppose knowing that people were trying to purposely kill each other must've just trigger her. She had gotten pale and anemic, she was also green and weary. When the war began and Mama decided that the elder two girls would have to do their part, she forgot to consider that they were absolutely in no way prepared for what they would witness. I think that the shock of the reality of war, that people were actually trying to kill one another, was too much for Olga.

She encounters this every single day, it takes a toll on people. You know that their life is in your hands, desperately trying to save them but you can't, and there is nothing you can do about it.

I sat with Olga as she took her medicine to calm down her rather extreme emotions. I was wondering what she takes and decided to ask her as it helps. "Hey Olishka, what medicine do you take to calm down?" I asked her before she was going to take it. She shrugs and looks at the shot that Dr. Botkin was about to give her. "This is arsenic." Dr Botkin said. My brain processed this quicker than usual, my eyes widened and I felt sweaty. Arsenic? ARSENIC? A.R.S.E.N.I.C?! "What?" I sat up as he got Olga's arm ready for the shot. "Arsenic helps calm down emotions." Dr Botkin got the shot ready. In a swift move, I took the three shots that Dr. Botkin had prepared and threw them out of the window, with all my might. As far as possible. It looked like something purple was helping it as it glided for longer until disappearing out of sight.