Chapter Thirty Six

Picture one: Romanov Royal Family posing with the Royal Family of Romania on their 1914 state visit

Picture two: Romanovs visit the Royal Family of Romania - June 1914.

June 1914
We were waiting to get off the boat, little Alexei was looking down at all the people standing below on the land. Cian made sure Alexei didn't fall by holding tight onto him each time he stumbled. All these people below were probably very important officials of the Romanian Royals. I felt myself getting nervous, but what for? Me, Cian and Kiki had to try to convince Olga to marry Carol. It was the only way she would be able to survive and have the power to set us free from Fucking Yekaterinburg. I know he is an ass but all things considered at least Olga would live.

All of my sisters seemed optimistic but they didn't seem as excited as they usually would be when on a trip. We were all lined up waiting for Olga. Cian said he felt like he was in a wedding on the side, waiting for the Bride to walk down. Anastasia was next to Cian as Cian was adjusting her hat carefully. I loved the big hats we wore, it made me feel sheltered from that beaming and booming sun. "It is so hot outside." Anastasia complained, using her hand as a fan. "I know, I'm dying." I agreed, I never really spoke to Anastasia too much but I wanted to speak more to her in the future.

"We will be inside soon, or in a cooler area." Tatiana added, taking her hat off to use as a fan. Cian carefully put Anastasia's hat off and gave it to her to use like Tatiana was. "The sun burns do not help." Maria complained. "Why are we doing this again?" I asked, exhausted from standing outside, I was so hot my clothes began sticking to my skin. Cian was standing next to Caoimhe and made sure she wasnt too hot. "We did this so we would not look appealing to the Prince or the Romanian family. You guys heard how he is, you should've been there when he came to visit." Tatiana explained.

"Even Masha did not want to talk to him, and she practically talks to basically everyone!" Anastasia commented. I was surprised and looked at Marie, she nodded her head in agreement. "He was quite rude." Maria said. "He also smells bad." Cian grinned. We all began to laughter at that comment that we didn't notice Olga come up to us. "Hello my darling sisters, hello Cian and Caoimhe." She greeted. Tanya turned to her. "You look so beautiful!" She complimented. Olga smiled. "Thank you Tatianochka but you know that nothing will come out of this trip." Tatiana nodded her head. "At least you look pretty." Marie said.

Cian and Caoimhe lined up behind us. I was placed next to the big pair. We were all ready with our big sun hats and purses. I was nervous, feeling my heartbeat speed up. The first to walk down onto land was Mama and Papa with Alexei and his sailor nanny behind him. Then it was us, the big pair. We walked down from the yachet to land. Land! It was the greatest feeling to be on land again. I was not very fond of boats. The little pair walked down along with Cian and Caoimhe who were like guard dogs keeping away people that weren't supposed to be near.

We greeted some strangers that Cian and Caoimhe allowed to come near that I didn't know. Cian often looked somewhere and did glares or just smirked at it. I looked to where he was staring and saw an old camera filming us. Woah. I thought to myself, what's the worst thing that could happen to it? I waved at it. Imagining my classmates from 1987 at school watching this. Would they remember me or would I be forgotten? Would they point out that a random girl that is with the Romanovs looks like me? What happened to my body in 1987? Do I still exist? Am I alive or am I dead? I looked away from the camera and followed Tatiana with Cian behind us. The little pair was with Caoimhe. We walked over to the stairs of the Romanian palace.