Chapter Fourteen

Picture: Grand Duchess Maria 1912

OCTOBER 1912

Liesel's comfort face looked at me. "Don't worry Astrid, I don't think the Emperor would allow that happen to his daughter. You will be fine." She reassured me, we stood there, until I didn't want to stand there anymore. We all walked to a different room away from where we previously was. We went to my grandmothers resting room. Liesel was carefully taking me there. We sat as Kiki went to the piano, she smiled at us and I nodded. She took her curly hair and moved it out of her face and opened the grand piano. "Are you sure you can play?" Cian asked her teasingly.

"You know you taught me." She grinned. She smiled at him, I did see Cian often telling Kiki to play when we were still in the palace, he would tell her everything she needed to know. Kiki cracked her fingers and took a deep breath, she began playing. Cian took out a violin and began playing a similar tune tha went together. It was beautiful and breathtaking. They didn't have words, they probably got it from ancient Irish texts.

Liesel wiped my glossy eyes because of how beautiful it was. They stopped after a bit. "That was awesome! Where did you get that piece from?" I asked, I never heard it. "We wrote it ourselves!" A proud Caoimhe said and I was shocked. Wow! By themselves. That's impressive. Liesel pulled away the handkerchief. "Can you play a guitar?" Asked Cian to me, I nodded. They told me what to do and we did it. Cian was going ballistic with the violin, I was strumming hard and Kiki broke her fingers on the piano.

We was starting to end the fragment, and we knew, when it ended. The air would be all us. We saw Liesel rubbing her glossy eyes. "That was beautiful and breathtaking. You learnt that just now." She said dreamily. I smiled as she stopped rubbing her beautiful eyes. "Can you preform this melody at my wedding?" Asked Liesel to us. Caoimhe started dancing around happily and Cian smiled. "I can't sorry," we all said.

"Keep this a secret." I swore, they all nodded. The four of us heard the door open and we turned to see Olga and she had a red face with a tired look. "Privet." Cian said, he opened his book and began reading. "Astrid." She began. "When are you writing to your mama and papa?" She asked me. "Soon." I admitted. An angry Olga asked me a question, "can we do it now?" She asked. I stared at her.

"We?" I asked. She nodded. "Yes! We! Liesel, can you please get us paper and something to write with?" Liesel walked out. Olga turned to us. "I have to discuss important matters with you all." She said. Olga sat down with us on the couch and cian actually listened instead of reading his book.

"What am I about to tell you, you guys might not believe. Astrid's grandmother wants to operate on Astrid's brain, especially her frontal lobe. They think if they do that, that she will be back to normal. But it's dangerous and she's very young and this could kill her! The worst thing is, she is refusing to tell Nicky." She explained, Kiki looked at me rather shocked, as a acting thing. These guys are good at acting.

My throat tightened up. Hearing those words made me have a small panic. "What's going to happen?" I asked frantically. Aunt Olga sighed. "I'm not sure, but sending a letter to your mama and papa will work." I nodded my head in agreement. Liesel came in with the supplies and Cian sighed.

"Let's do this, I'll write the address I have mesmerised." He decided.