Chapter Fifty Four

Photo: Grand Duchess Anastasia Nikolaevna, in Tsarskoye Selo, in 1915. Classic photo of Anastasia!!! I love <3 <3 <3 <3 (original: Grand Duchess Anastasia Nikolaevna, em Tsarskoye Selo, em 1915. Clássica foto da Anastasia!!! Amo <3 <3 <3 <3)

December 1915I sat with my sisters while hanging out with some guards

December 1915
I sat with my sisters while hanging out with some guards. Cian (the 5'11 giant) was else where with Caoimhe. Olga swoons over Mitya of course as I stare at him in disgust. I don't like him, I don't like him one bit. He takes advantage of her. He always complains about his rank to Olga then moves up ranks because his complaint was told to Papa. I rolled my eyes at the thought of it. Olga is beside him like a puppy dog. She is missing out on a good person from right under her nose.

I sat as my sisters converse, Tatiana speaks to Malama. He swoons over her, he even gave her a dog! Tatiana enjoys flirting with him but I can tell she doesn't take it close to heart. I wonder who is pulling her heartstrings?  I could never tell with her. Olga, not so much as her topic is always Mitya and she behaves depressed when he is not around. I sit bored, Dmitri Pavlovich left, Papa and Alexei are still not home too!

I was sitting next to a girl. She had dark brown and lighter brown in her hair. She had sparkling green eyes, she wore a hat with a bow on the side and a sailor suit. It was navy blue and consisted of a classic coat with silver like buttons, underneath was a striped black and white shirt that was just about visible. She wore a striped navy skirt with black stockings and brown boots. Her hair was down and flowy with a white bow. "Hello." I nervously started.

"Hi." She replied. Her eyes did not meet mine, I was wondering who she was. She caught me staring. "Katya." She muttered. "You're Astrid.. right? Prophecy girl?" She asked me in a hushed voice. My eyes widened in shock. "How did you-" I began but her finger reached my lips. Telling me to hush. I think i slightly recognised her, but not a lot.

The guards always have little interest in me, and my 'lack of charisma,' I don't have a lack of charisma! Yes, I did hate walking around the wounded, I was getting anxious while speaking with them. Surgery is much more easier but i here don't have to speak with them. I sit as my fellow sisters continue to indulge in conversations as fellow nurses watch us. "Who.. are you?" I finally asked Katya.

"I am Katya, call me Kat. Don't listen to what anyone else says." Katya said. Glaring. "Yekaterinaaaaaaaa!" A voice called. My sisters still talked as nurses stared at Katya. She stood up and waved goodbye as she ran inside. I ended up finding Cian and Caoimhe, Caoimhe was with some girl and Cian was under a tree with guards.

I then began to die of boredom. Cian was busy, so was Caoimhe. My only company left and then I saw Igor. I instantly shot up in excitement. It made Cian look at me, he sensed my excitement. "Igor!" I exclaimed excitedly. He smiled at me. "Good afternoon Sassa."

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, actually wondering why he was here. "Oh! I just came to see if someone could deliver this to Alexei." He said as he handed me a letter. It looked pretty fancy and then I looked back up at him. He was tall, not as tall Cian though. "I can deliver it, cousin. Care to join?" I asked him. He glanced past me before looking to me again. "Maybe another time." He said sadly. "Oh." I deflated. "Well, I hope to see you again soon. May God keep you safe." I told him. He smiled at me. "Thank you Astrid, may God keep you self as well." He said before leaving. I went back to my spot and noticed that Olga was smirking at me.