Epilogue

Chapter Seventy! And the last chapter of this book.

Photo: darling Olga pulling a funny face, 1907.

August 1918.

I sat in a rocking chair, as our family reunion and friend reunion begins. Everyone was there, along with Ella, Igor's family, all of our extended family. Uncle Mimi and His wife. Olga was next to me. We were drinking tea. Cian and Caoimhe on my other side as well. Olga was overjoyed because she was getting married next month. And Cian was happy because Dmitri Pavlovich was forgiven. "We did it, we actually did it." I said, looking out to my happy family.

"Well, a promise is a promise. Isn't it?" Cian asked as we looked out to the happy people we saved.

***

1987 true dimension

After the news that I was being sent back to my old life with my memories, I was shocked. But I understood.

I woke up to the sound of beeping. And my vision was blurry but it became clear. I sat confused of my surroundings until I realised I was in a hospital. I really was home. Everything is so.. modern. I.. I'm home.

After many people freaking out I was sent home and saw Heinrich. "HEINZ!" I yelled out, I remembered and hugged him so tight. "Astrid! I'm so happy. I. I had an adventure! With.. with a friend!" He nearly sobbed. "Don't cry!" I dragged it out.

"You guys.." a tired voice said. "MARGO!" We both exclaimed as we brought her into our embrace.

***
1920 - alternative dimension

"What's her name?" Olga asked, holding the baby. "Her name is Ella." Tatiana decided. "It suits her very well." Olga smiled.

"Thanks Olishka." Tatiana smiled.

***
1987 - true dimension

There was a knock on the door. I opened it and.. "Cian? Caoimhe?" I asked in shock.

"That's us, isn't it Ke?" Cian asked. "I think your right." Caoimhe answered. I ran into their arms.

"Is a Heinrich here, a friend wants to see him."

"I'm a Heinrich!" Heinz said. "And I'm a Margo." Margo said.

"Someone is here for a Margo." Cian answered happily.

"Want to come with us, to a boarding school? With all of the rest of grocery gang?" Caoimhe asked.

"Yes!" I happily answered.

***

1918 - alternative.

"Hey? Where is everyone?" A tired soldier asked.

"Not sure, but at least we get to drink alcohol and don't have to work here anymore!" Another exclaimed.

***
1924 - alternative
"Adorable baby! What's their name?" Tatiana cooed. "His name is.. hmm. I think Dmitri." Olga smiled.

"Remember when you had that cruuusshhh back in 1907?" Olga asked. "Olishkaaa!" Tatiana blushed.

"What are you two talking about then?" Maria asked. "Nothing Masha, go find your boyfriend." Tatiana dismissed.

"Yeeess mamaaa." Maria said sarcastically and stomped away.

"Hey, we are having a barbecue reunion, wanna come?" Anastasia asked.

"Do we ever!"

***

Thank you, readers for sticking with Astrid.
Thank you motivation, for existing along with fingers and devices.
Thank you the Romanovs for being amazing.
Our story is not over yet as another book is coming, focusing on Cian this time!

I hope to see you beautiful people there.

Photo credits: Pinterest, you save my life.

Amazing cover artist: Samia_V