Chapter Fifty Six

Tsarevich Alexei Romanov, Evpatoria cottage Mechta (dream) May 16, 1916

assen  (photo above)

Enzo (above)February 1916I find Malcolm back in the infirmary quite quickly

Enzo (above)
February 1916
I find Malcolm back in the infirmary quite quickly. Katya told me about his presence and recommended I check on him. He needed immediate leg surgery as his leg was wounded badly. I obviously assisted in the surgery, he is my friend after all and a father to be! It is quite exciting already, her baby bump is barely visible but is there. After we finish the surgery we put him on a bed to rest and then wake up from his surgery.

I haven't told Mila that he is here, I do not wish to put stress on her or the baby she is carrying. I will tell her once he awakes, hopefully before lunch since she is coming by to eat lunch with me, Vanya, Katya, Zander, Cian and Caoimhe. "Romanova 3! They need you!" Cian yelled as he pointed to a nurse signing. I quickly ran to the nurse and chased her, we ran past Tatiana and Malama, which I nearly threw up at.

I join the others as I assist in the surgery, poor man had to get his leg amputated. Mama isn't around much as she stays running Russia while Papa is at the front. Rasputin is around every single second, and Katya likes to avoid him. She said she ran away so she usually wears her headpiece until she can cut her hair. Or until she can change up her hair at least. I enjoy staying around Katya because Rasputin makes me stressed. He scares me so much like I see why Katya ran away. We finish the surgery as I go with Katya to wash my hands. A fellow nurse comes up to us and says to me, "A patient is asking for you." She said. I looked at her confused, "A Patient?" I wondered.

"Cameron." She answered. Malcolm wishes to speak to me? Perhaps he wants me to call Mila over to make sure everything is okay. "I'll be there in a second." I said as I quickly finished washing my hands and changed out of my surgery outfit. I walked over calmly to the room that Malcolm was staying in, he sitting up while drinking some tea. He instantly noticed me, like he was simply just waiting just for me. "Asta." Is all he said. I sat down next to him, "Welcome back Malcolm." I greeted my old friend.

"You are my Angel." He said as he took my hands and kissing them, treasuring them. "My darling Angel Asta." He muttered into them, I quickly pulled my hands away, feeling uncomfortable and uneasy. "How is your leg doing?" I asked, changing the subject. "It is much better now that you are in my presence." He said. "That's wonderful.. have you called Mila?" I asked, his face scrunched. "No."