CHAPTER TWELVE : SWITCH PLEASE

Draco's POV

As soon as Professor McGonagall finished her announcement, she took Potter and me out to a potions classroom, where we were faced with an excited Astoria.

"Draco!" she giggled, taking my hand.

I gave her a thin-lipped smile and freed my hand.

"I'm so excited to be taught by you!" she blushed.

Professor McGonagall cleared her throat and said, "You may begin now."

Once we all nodded, Astoria a bit eagerly, she cast a spell, and the ingredients, along with the necessary utensils, appeared. Then she walked to a corner, setting herself at a desk, and immediately started scribbling on a piece of parchment.

"So Astoria," Potter said, pulling out a book. "This potion is very simple. First, you need to add four sprigs of Lavender to the mortar."

Astoria picked the four sprigs of Lavender.

"Now, add two measures of Standard Ingredients to the mortar," Potter continued before Astoria even had a chance to add the Lavender to the mortar.

I rolled my eyes. Potter's brain functioned only in steps and calculations, but not the actual potions.

"Astoria," I said. "Pick out those sprigs." Potter looked up at me indignantly, but I didn't spare him a glance and watched Astoria instead.

Astoria blushed and finished separating four prigs from the rest.

"Now, add them to the mortar," I said, and she followed. "Remember, they are the first ingredient that should go in."

Astoria nodded. "Am I doing it correctly?" she whispered.

"Perfectly," I replied, purposefully brushing my hand against her arm in Potter's view. Astoria smiled, and Potter seemed to ripple with anger.

"Now, grab two measures of Standard ingredients," I said. "Add it in there too. Now, can you tell me what is the standard ingredient?"

"It's uh..." Astoria spoke, but Potter interrupted.

"Malfoy, I was reading the instructions to her-" he said, his face contorted with irritation.

"Yeah, well, that wasn't helping," I scowled. "Look, now, Astoria is doing it perfectly."

"She was doing perfectly fine!" he said, glasses flashing.

"No, she wasn't," I denied. "Maybe if you had time to look up from that bloody book of yours, you might have seen."

"You have the obsessive need to interrupt others and take credit for something you don't even deserve, don't you?" Potter complained.

"What did you say?" I glared at him.

"You heard me." He smirked.

"Take that back, Potter," I growled.

"Or what?" Potter walked towards me, turning his chin up defiantly. I raised my hand, wanting to knock his glasses off, but before I could move, I was stopped by a body-freezing charm.

"Mr Malfoy! Violence is not allowed in this school under any circumstances." McGonagall didn't sound pleased. "You cannot be eligible candidates if this unacceptable behaviour continues. And the same goes for you, Mr Potter. Raising your voice in front of students— is this how you plan to teach?"

"No, professor," Potter and I duly replied.

"I suggest you two figure out strategies to work together. Otherwise, I will have to take action." Her lips twitched as if she found this amusing, looking at us awkwardly.