CHAPTER SIXTEEN : THE ACTUAL FIRST DAY

Draco's POV

My eyes opened as a shiver of cold ran through me. I had crumpled on the couch like a woollen ball in my jumper. Huffing lightly, I sat up. The first thing I saw was Potter cosily sleeping on the bed in the warm blanket.

Bloody Potter.

I despised the fact that he got to sleep on the bed while I had to spend the night on the couch. Last night I could have slept on the bed when I came to the dorm. The blanket was there on the bed. I could have unfolded and slept on the bed without caring for Potter. But the bloody thing smelled like him. It would feel like hugging Potter while I slept.

Gross.

Why was I imagining hugging Potter? I could hardly tolerate him in the dorm. I'd rather jump out of the astronomy tower instead of hugging him.

Clearing these thoughts from my mind, I slid the curtain to see the fogged window. I ran my palm across it, and the part cleared to show the snowfall outside. I raised my head to see the ground. It wasn't covered in snow, which meant the snow had begun to fall recently.

I slid back the curtain again and decided to take a hot water shower. I checked the time— 6:14 AM. Breakfast would be served at seven. Reaching a bit early would do no harm. Potter was still sleeping. I didn't bother to wake him. Removing the woollen jumper, I grabbed the towel and went to the bathroom.

The hot shower really helped. I felt much better than I had been feeling all night. After I wiped myself with the towel, I wrapped it around my waist and walked out into the dorm again.

Potter was awake when I got out. Our eyes met for a second as he turned when I shut the bathroom door. He looked drowsy and didn't have his glasses on. His hair was a lost cause. I ran a hand through my wet hair as I proceeded toward the closet in the corner, ignoring Potter.

I slid my trunks on while the towel was still on my waist. After I finished doing that, I took it off. As I was searching for my shirt in the pile of clothes, I heard a scuttle of movement behind me, a slight gasp and then a door slam. I glanced behind me at the noise, realising Potter had probably gone into the bathroom himself. I shrugged and continued dressing up. After setting my hair, I put on boots and left for breakfast in the Great Hall.

Harry's POV

I leaned against the bathroom door as I shut it and took deep breaths. I wondered what happened to me. When Malfoy walked with nothing but a towel around his waist, I suddenly felt warm even though I had pushed the blanket aside. It was the door that had caught my attention. Otherwise, seeing Malfoy half-naked was the least of my choices.

Perhaps that git was doing it on purpose. He walked around in the towel as if he owned the place. Of course, that wanker had no shame. I regretted putting on my glasses because then his body came clear in my vision— his rippling muscles, his biceps, his large shoulders...

I shook my head firmly, trying to banish the image from my head.

After a few seconds, I realised I was staring at Malfoy like a creep. Hence, I jumped out of bed and fled. Because if Malfoy noticed that I was gazing at him, he wouldn't miss a chance to mock me.

I felt slightly less flustered after I splashed some cold water on my face. My heart had another little jolt when I thought- I shouldn't even be feeling flustered! Why am I flustered?

I took a few more deep breaths and decided breakfast would do me some good.

Ugh! Stupid Malfoy! I hate him.

He was gone when I returned to the dorm again. Checking the time, I quickly dressed and rushed to the great hall. Neville had saved me a spot beside him and waved at me. I still couldn't shake the feeling of what happened earlier with me in the dorm. I wondered if Neville had experienced the same.