CHAPTER TWENTY ONE : WARNINGS

Harry's POV

We were in Headmistress McGonagall's office. Honestly, the room was growing on me now.

Mr Weasley and Mr Malfoy were here as well. Malfoy had been quiet this entire time. Mr Malfoy must have chastised him. I could tell from Malfoy's expression that it hadn't been anything nice.

The headmistress arrived, and we all greeted her awkwardly. She greeted us back, placing her glasses on her nose and peering around the room, looking at everyone shrewdly.

"I very well assume you all know why you're here," she started, inclining her head towards the two men. "Unfortunately, Mr Potter and Malfoy have had some... let's say, disagreements during their classes together."

She pursed her lips as we all stayed silent.

"I'm aware that the students during that class had been the ones to initiate the actions, and I am going to address this issue with them as well, but Mr Potter had continued even after the students had stopped, which in turn made Mr Malfoy take his hand in attempting to attack Mr Potter."

I flushed slightly. Now that I thought about it, calling Malfoy a death eater wasn't the best thing to do. But I was angry.

Mr Malfoy cleared his throat, his composure rigid and closed off.

"Yes, Mr Malfoy?" McGonagall raised her brows at him.

"I'm deeply sorry you had to face problems due to Draco. I truly apologise on his behalf and assure you he won't repeat his mistakes again. Nevertheless, I would suggest you separate the boys." His voice is condescending.

"I will agree with Mr Malfoy here," Mr Weasley said. "Separate dorms might help to contain their irresponsible behaviour and not enrage them any further."

McGonagall's expression remained unfazed. "The boys have already put up this request, but unfortunately, no other candidates are willing to change their partners as of now."

Mr Malfoy waved a hand, dismissing the idea. "I was suggesting two separate dorms for the boys." His tone was biting, and the hate I felt towards him seemed to multiply.

"Hogwarts has no free dorms currently," McGonagall replied sharply. "And I think such measures are unnecessary."

McGonagall straightened her spectacles again, this time turning to Mr Weasley. "The sorting hat has chosen them both to be partners. The sorting hat is never wrong when it comes to placing students in houses. I am confident that Mr Malfoy and Mr Potter are a perfect match."

Even the words sounded wrong. How in Merlin's name did the sorting hat come to that conclusion?

"The sorting hat obviously made an error," Mr Malfoy drawled with the lazy composure his son had always used to keep up until right now.

Mr Weasley also spoke, almost like he was snapping out of a reverie, "Minerva, Harry, and Draco are polar opposites. I think the sorting hat has indeed made an error. Never in a million years would Harry be civil with Malfoy. I mean, let's be honest here— we are all familiar with their enmity."

I glanced at Mr Weasley, who, unlike Mr Malfoy, had an open expression on his face which was warm and familiar.

"Mr Weasley, I'm very much aware," McGonagall said, intertwining her fingers. "I reckon they're different. But of the same coin. I am extremely confident that the sorting hat has never made a mistake, and I trust its judgement when I say that ultimately, Mr Potter and Mr Malfoy were chosen as partners for a reason." Malfoy gave me a glance, looking incredulous.