✨BONUS CHAPTER TWO✨

Draco's POV

It was Thursday.

Father was coming over today.

I was feeling a bit nauseous.

I was at the Hogwarts entrance waiting for Father's arrival, which I was sure would be soon and not good. Mr Weasley had already arrived. He and Potter were already making their way to Professor McGonagall's office. All I had to do was wait for father. I was hoping he would bring Mother as well—she was usually the one to calm things down. But her letter yesterday had been quite, well, clear.

"Dear Draco,

Your father is furious at your behaviour. He had no implication that Potter was your dormitory partner, and he is quite livid that you would keep that fact from him.

I'm glad you're alright, but you mustn't do anything else that could harm you or our family. We are on thin ice here; your father has barely managed to stay out of Azkaban, and you very much know by what measures. It won't do any good for anyone if you attack Harry Potter, despite what he says or does.

Draco, please take care. We need this time to recover. I know how difficult it must be for you, but we're all trying very hard.

Your father will visit you on Thursday. I have made sure he doesn't say anything to hurt you, love. But listen to him. He won't guide you incorrectly.

And alas, don't forget to take care of yourself. You are our priority, dragon.

With love,

Mother."

I wanted to talk to Mother in person so badly. Father had never been the comforting type. It was obvious that he had no intentions of trying to be anyway.

Father had only managed to stay out of Azkaban by making unbreakable vows to the ministry:

"I will not, under any circumstances, intentionally work for the Death Eaters after this point onward."

"I will not, under any circumstances, intentionally use dark magic or buy magical items with traces of dark magic."

"I will not, under any circumstances, assist, aid, help or interact with any community that works towards eradicating muggles or muggle-borns."

"I will only travel abroad with the permission of the ministry."

"I will remain a respectful citizen and abide by the ministry's rules and regulations."

Father had made a total of five vows, and if he broke any of these vows, the outcome would be immediate death.

Of course, it wasn't that easy. Father had gone through multiple inspections— his memories had been reviewed, and all dark magical objects had been removed from the manor. He had even submitted his wand for a few long months. He had been under close watch these entire holidays until now, and he still wasn't allowed to go everywhere—only the places that were absolutely necessary.

Speaking of the devil...

Father arrived, walking briskly towards me after getting down from the carriage.

He looked at me sharply as he stopped in front of me. I straightened up, my expression falling into a cool mask.

"Draco." Father's words were curt and formal, something he did when he was mad.

I nodded in acknowledgement, managing to meet his eyes somehow, my throat too tight to speak.

There was a loud silence.

Father cleared his throat. His face is set in a deep scowl, his grey eyes narrowed.

"I am not proud of your behaviour, Draco," he said, his voice soft and calculating. "I would be embarrassed if Mr and Mrs Greengrass were to learn about this situation."

His gaze didn't falter. I felt my eyes naturally lowering.

"There should not be any more complaints about your behaviour."

I swallowed thickly. "Yes, Father."

"You have crossed the line, Draco. My son is no violent person." Father's look made my skin crawl, and I nodded again.

I had expected this. It was alright.

"If I receive another complaint, you can forget about obtaining your weekly allowance."

I quickly raised my head to meet Father's eyes.

"How will I manage then?" I asked. Father looked back down, not even trying to hide his disdain.

"I'm sure you're getting paid in this program, aren't you?" he replied, his eyes glittering.

"Father... that's not..." I stopped, clenching my fist, taking a deep breath, and exhaling. I needed to phrase my words with poise and perfection. Like my father would do.

"I need money for my necessities. What Hogwarts is paying is not enough. I can't... I wouldn't be able to..."

Father raised his hand, and I snapped my mouth shut.

He raised his eyebrow. "Don't teach me parenting, Draco. I know what I'm doing."

I opened my mouth to protest again, but he gave me a cold look.

"Money isn't the problem here; your behaviour is. If something like this happens again, I will be taking measures to ensure you are disciplined, even if it means cutting off your money. And if you cannot adjust, you should think that before doing something that would embarrass me further."

He walked past me toward the castle, his expression ominous.

Has Father only come here to threaten me? To make sure I don't cross the line again.

Did he no longer care about me?

The first thing he had mentioned was how the Greengrasses would react to this, for Merlin's sake!

I drew in a sharp breath, blinking hard.

///TADAAAA!!

i hope you guys enjoyed <3