CHAPTER TWENTY : LETTERS CREATE MATTERS (PART 2)

//Yes, I know its getting confusing with all these 'parts' but, we just split this chapter into two :) //

Draco's POV

Something's weird.

Potter was acting weird.

He kept giving me these looks. During our classes together, he kept staring at me, but every time I turned to him, he would glance away— his cheeks colouring.

I wanted to snap at him. "What is it, Potter? Why are you bloody staring at me like I'm some charity case?" But I couldn't do that.

Potter seemed to think his constant staring was going unnoticed.

Well, I thought miserably, Potter is horrible at keeping emotion off his face. I can basically read every thought he has, like a bloody book.

That made me uncomfortable. I was honestly starting to feel like I had done something wrong. Thankfully, I had double charms after this, so I would be seeing Lovegood again for the second time in the day.

Potions couldn't end any slower. I couldn't wait to escape Potter and his stupid face.

Finally, Slughorn dismissed everyone. I quickly cleared the chalkboard. Potter would be cleaning up because he has no more classes. That lucky bastard has two free periods. I figured every time I would have a free period, Potter had a defence against the dark arts, and every time Potter would have a free period, I would have Charms.

Potter didn't spare me any privacy even then, as he kept looking at me sporadically. I fled the classroom, feeling overwhelmed.

When I reached the charms classroom, Lovegood was already there by the door, staring at the top, her lips moving soundlessly. She seemed to have noticed my arrival because she stopped looking at the ceiling and gave me a pensive smile. "Hello, Draco."

"Hello, Lovegood," I replied, gesturing for her to enter the classroom before me.

She smiled and entered. "I was just counting the Nargles in the ceiling," she mused, her voice trailing. "There were about thirty-six... but I can't be sure..."

I shook my head. Typical Lovegood. I liked how she was so self-involved that everyone could get along with her. I, on the other hand, hated myself. Probably that's why I kept everyone away from me as well.

Sigh.

After we both entered, Lovegood turned to me, her expression open.

"Something's wrong," she said, "I can see something is on your mind."

"Well, there are always things on my mind," I shrugged.

"You know, it is said, you feel better when you talk to someone. Would you like to give it a try?" Lovegood suggested, her lips forming a smile.

I shrugged. "Who can I talk to?" I asked idiotically.

"Well, there's me," her voice trailed off like it usually did when she wasn't sure of something. "But it's your choice, really."

I gave it a thought. Lovegood had been nice to me. She approached me first and even waved at me when she saw me. She didn't hide our friendship, if there was any, from anyone, especially when her friend was the golden boy. She didn't seem like someone who would make fun of my problems. Perhaps, I could tell her my problems...

I nodded. "Alright," I said. Lovegood gave me her dreamy smile.

"Well," I started, "I... I suppose I am a bit nervous about Father coming to Hogwarts. He will hear about Potter and me being partners, which I hadn't told him because..." I trailed off, "Well, because I didn't want an overreaction from him."