CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN : HIDE AND SEEK

Harry's POV

I crawled towards my wand and fixed my glasses. I could see everything clearly now— my raw knuckles, dishevelled room, blood-spattered floor.

It looked like a crime scene.

Which it was, to be honest. I clenched my shaking hands into fists and slumped onto the side of the bed.

It had been some time since Malfoy had left the room. He hadn't even taken his wand with him. It still lay on the sofa.

After a few minutes of resting, I stood up and walked to the bathroom. That's when I saw the state of my face.

There was a large purple bruise on my jaw; it hurt as bad as it looked. There was a trickle of blood from my temple. I had a sweet black eye, and it seemed like one of my teeth was cracked.

I carefully pulled out my wand. Hermione had taught me some simple healing spells, nothing too complicated.

"Brackium Emendo," I whispered, pointing it at my broken tooth.

"Episkey," at the small cut on my temple.

There wasn't much for my black eye and bruising, except for some murtlap essence, which I would get later, hopefully without arousing suspicion.

Placing my wand and glasses on the side of the sink, I started the tap, and cold water rushed out. I began to wash the blood from my hands and face carefully.

Slow and medical.

After turning off the water, I wiped my face and grabbed my belongings, ready to venture into the bedroom.

Suddenly, there were some knocks on the door.

"Harry?" It was Neville. He's outside. "Mate, we have to go now for lunch. What's taking so long?"

I groaned internally. I had completely forgotten about our plan.

"Oh— Neville," I tried to sound normal. "It's— sorry, I won't be able to join you for lunch." I hoped I wouldn't have to open the door.

"Why?" His voice sounded worried.

"I'm just— not feeling well, yeah," I reasoned.

"Oh..."

I heard some whispers. Someone else was there with Neville.

"Alright, mate, I hope you get well soon then. See you later."

"Yeah, thanks," I said.

"And Harry," Neville called again. "If Malfoy comes, you can go to my dorm. Wouldn't want you two to fight or anything,"

I tried to make my voice light when I replied, "Yeah, of course,"

There was silence. I clumsily put my glasses on, eyeing the bed. It looked extremely comfortable at this moment.

Walking towards it, I practically threw myself on it, falling asleep instantly.

It was around four o'clock when I woke up, a feminine voice hovering above me.

"Harry? Hello, Harry?"

I groggily opened my eyes. As my vision cleared, Astoria's features became evident. Her dark, snatched eyes examined my face.

I opened my mouth, but she started talking. What is with girls always interrupting?

"Have you seen Draco?" she asked, looking around the room as if she expected him to jump out from the corner.