CHAPTER EIGHTEEN : FIGHT IN FLIGHT

Harry's POV

After the break, the whole day went quite decently. It was my second last class of the day, and I hadn't faced any difficulties until now. The previous class was a class of student program with Malfoy. Thankfully, we were able to coordinate with minimal talking.

We hadn't planned anything like we were supposed to since we were partners. I was late for Potions class by a minute because I needed to use the bathroom. Meanwhile, Malfoy wrote the important points on the board to teach the class properly. I was surprised that Malfoy had actually shown some interest. Until now, I thought he wasn't taking the student program seriously.

We were in the courtyard now. It was the student program's flight class for first-year students. And there were two difficulties that I needed to overcome. One— handling the children, and two— cooperating with Malfoy. Unlike the previous classes, we needed a lot of cooperation in this class since first-year students were new to Hogwarts. Plus, on top of that, flight class was an outdoor activity and required to be handled with utmost caution.

As soon as I arrived, I was bombarded with a group of first-years rushing toward me. They all formed a little tight circle, with me in the middle. I raised my hands in surrender, trying to calm them as they called my name with excited little faces. I was used to popularity by now, but I had never encountered a herd of school kids trying to jump on each other to get to me. I tried my best to calm them.

"Are you really Harry Potter?" one of them asked.

"You are my hero," the other one piped in.

"Wow! You are so brave!"

"I'm a Gryffindor, just like you."

Their insistent chatter didn't stop. I was flattered that I was an inspiration to so many young minds, but at this point, it would be a miracle if I came out of this class alive. Helplessly, I tried to calm them down, and my eyes landed on Malfoy.

He stood at a distance with his arms folded over his chest and his mandatory bored expression. I could almost hear what he thought of me at this moment.

"Alright, everyone," I tried to say, glancing at Malfoy occasionally. "Please get in line."

The students continued chatting, seemingly ignoring my requests. I saw Malfoy roll his eyes and stride in my direction. "Are you all deaf?" he snapped at the students. The students immediately fell silent and looked at him with fear.

"Didn't you hear him?" he continued. "Get in a line!"

"Do you know him?" a voice muttered from among the students.

"He's Draco Malfoy," another voice whispered. "I heard he was a bully in school."

A few gasps emerged.

I sighed, rubbing the back of my neck in exasperation. This was going well...

"Yes," another voice said, "He bullied my older brother. He would call him mudblood."

Another set of gasps.

"That's enough!" Malfoy snapped, with his face still a blank mask. I noticed his fingers flex slightly like he was preparing to strangle someone.

"He was also a death eater!" The voice was loud enough for everyone to hear this time. It came from a group of boys.

I saw Malfoy's expression change from annoyed to furious as he stormed toward the group, his face set.

"Who the hell said that?" he shouted, his face flushing, "You little prat! How dare you?!"

The students all cowered, shrinking back as Malfoy purposely walked towards the group of boys who had made the claim. If looks could kill, all the students would have dropped dead from the glare Malfoy shot at the whole crowd. I couldn't just stand and watch Malfoy hurt the kids. I had to do something.