CHAPTER THIRTY ONE : STUCK WITH WORK

Thursday 17th of September

Draco's POV

"OI! TWO HANDS ON THE BROOM!" Potter screamed, his glasses glinting in the light. Things were going badly in the second half of this class. Madam Hooch had left, and Potter and I were in charge.

Potter's eyes blurred with panic as he ran around the field, helping the little kids with their brooms. After the kids finished the lap, Potter fell into step beside me.

"Do you think we should wrap up?" he murmured.

I nodded, hiding my amusement when I noticed how sweaty he was.

"ALRIGHT!" Potter hollered, turning away. "EVERYONE DOWN NOW!"

I winced. Did Potter have to scream when he was standing next to me?

It was surprising how such a loud voice could fit such a small frame. 

I watched the kids slowly drift down, some looking queasy while others delighted. They all piled their brooms dutifully back into their shed and ambled to where Potter and I stood.

I let Potter do the talking. The kids did like him better, of course.

I imagined this was what Dumbledore's Army in the fifth year must have been like— and although I was only there to see them being caught, it made sense why they elected Potter to be the leader.

"Today's class is over now," Potter smiled.

I turned my head slightly to watch him. A bead of sweat slid down his neck, disappearing under his collar. I swallowed, looking away.

"See you next lesson!"

The kids immediately started chattering and laughing.

A few kids waved at me, which was surprising. I waved back.

Potter watched them wave at me.

"Looks like you've managed to impress the kids," he said.

"Oh yeah," I winked, turning to him. "Of course I have. Everyone loves me."

Potter shook his head, suppressing a smile.

It had been like this for the past few days. Sometimes I wondered when did it even start? At Hagrid's hut? At our dorm

Potter and I had fallen into some mutual agreement. Classes were more comfortable now as we both cooperated. I guessed it wasn't as difficult as I had thought. And, I wouldn't dare say it out loud, but Potter was actually an enjoyable company when he wasn't acting like a total bastard.

I decided to speak again. "Also, now that we're still in the same dorm, I can go and reclaim the sofa again. I'm not sick anymore."

Potter looked at me, pushing his glasses up from where they had slipped on his nose. "You don't necessarily have to sleep on the sofa, you know."

I blinked. Is Potter implying what I think he is?

"You— you mean—" I gestured between us both and clasped my hands. Potter's cheeks turned red when he realised what I meant.

"Oh— no, no," he rushed to explain. "I meant we could sleep alternately on the bed and sofa."

"For a second, I thought you were suggesting something else," I smirked slyly, feeling satisfied when I saw Potter flush more red.

"No— nothing like that."

I nodded, "Yeah, we could take turns on the sofa and bed." 

After the field was deserted, we made our way to the Dungeons for Potions class. It was great when we could dismiss the class early. It gave us time before class started, and the students loved it.