Chapter 1- A Voice to Remember

--Alaric POV--

She came to the world like an unexpected storm. With no warning, she surprised everyone with her voice, enchanting everyone that listened like a siren from the myths. And according to the rumours, her voice wasn't the only enchanting thing about her since she looked like a seductress straight out of a dream.

That woman was both thrust into the media's face and sheltered away from it like a sort of prize. Even amongst celebrities she was a celebrity, one that we could always see but never touch.

And somehow, my existence became intertwined with her intriguing self.

"Cut! Good job everyone, that was the last scene for today!" I stood up, dropping the fake smile off my face as I nodded at my co-worker, shaking her hand before turning to leave the stage.

"Good job, Alaric. You can change out of those wet clothes now, and then go home for the day, we'll see you tomorrow." The director said as my manager came to hand me a towel to dry off, and on my way to my dressing room, I received a handful of other 'Good job's' from people.

My role in this movie wasn't difficult to play; It's a heart-warming story about a cold man scarred by his abusive past growing to become his own person with the help of his friendly boss, a woman who always has a smile on her face, it's a love story between them, with the perfect amount of angst, cuteness, and romance.

The main male, me, was a cold man that always held a stoic expression on his face, he didn't look like someone with a broken past, and apparently, that made me the perfect person for this role, according to the director.

"That's it for today, right?" I asked.

"Yes, other than this shoot and the interview in the morning, there was nothing else on today's schedule so you can go home early for once." Ezra, my manager, explained, following me into the room as I stripped down to change into my own clothes.

"This movie was the main thing on your agenda, but it's almost wrapped up in filming so you should start deciding on your next project, any ideas?" Releasing a tired sigh, I slouched down on the couch as the make-up artist stepped into the room to clean me up.

"I don't know. I'll have to look through the scripts first," I closed my eyes as she ran the cotton pad soaked in micellar water over my face.

"Why not that fantasy movie that'll be directed by Kyle Douglas? You'll play the handsome, young, and talented wizard? Your fans are sure to go wild when they see you with long hair." He suggested, looking to be more excited than any of the said fans.

I'm an actor, having made my debut more than 10 years ago now which has led to many opportunities to test my acting skills; I've played a number of different roles in my career, each role being vastly different from the other, but I've recently come to the realisation that maybe I worked too hard? I've played so many different people that I don't remember my own personality anymore, I've somehow lost myself.

I got into acting thanks to my mother who was a renowned actress herself in her time, but she's retired now, living her lavish life back home in Spain which is fast becoming nothing but a memory for me. And I'm stuck here in the USA, working day-by-day, and earning more money than I know what to do with.

"Hello? Alaric?" Ezra called when I didn't answer his question.

"I'll think about it," I said, having phased out whatever it was that he had said. And as I finished speaking, someone knocked on the dressing room door, waiting for Ezra to reply before opening it up with a smile on their face.

"What is it?" I asked her, Sandra Levine, the female lead of the movie I was currently shooting. She's older than me in both real life and the movie, being 37 in both, while I was 28 in the movie and 30 in real life. Although, she looked to be in her twenties with her blonde hair, tall, hourglass frame and so on and so forth.