Chapter 6- Monsters & Magic

**A FEW HOURS AGO**

--Alaric POV--

"I thought you ran away or something, why did it take you so long to open the door?" Ezra asked as we made our way to the car to head to the photoshoot.

"Why would I randomly run away? You know I try my best not to cause trouble for others, I would have told you if it was something important," I groaned, getting into the car as he followed to do the same, starting it up as we drove out of the underground car park.

"Then why did it take you so long to open the door?"

"I was in the bathroom." I easily lied, ignoring his judging side-eye.

"You sure took your time in there... I thought I heard a woman's voice..." He mumbled to himself, not saying anything more as I discreetly pulled my phone out, going to search up that very same woman on the internet.

Ines Silvia Agua. She's a singer and songwriter under Kingston Entertainment, having rose to fame just over a year ago with her debut album, Bittersweet, which quickly became a top selling album. Her second album, Fragile, followed not long after the release of the first one, topping the sales by double the amount, and she quickly won a number of different awards from them, that included the Best R&B Album, Best New Artist, and Best Cinematography award.

She's a woman that's only ever seen in person when it's related to her work, so red carpets, award shows, and so on and so forth; And other than the short red-carpet interviews, she's never had a normal interview. She's not even on any social media platforms; She truly feels like a celebrity amongst celebrities. And forget having social media, I don't think this woman even owned a phone, am I the only one in this world that's suspicious of how her company could be treating her?

"Ines Agua? Why the sudden interest?" Ezra caught sight of my phone screen as I jumped in surprise, shooting him a glare for intruding in my space.

"I'm just curious of what face goes with the voice that I heard yesterday."

"Yeah, well, I can't blame you there," He believed my words and went back to driving which I was grateful for as I went back to my research, hoping that was the last of his peeking.

My eyes stumbled over the rest of the information before I exited the Wiki, going on the main google page where the basic information was. Born on the West coast of Portugal in the coastal city of Aveiro, she lived a humble life as an orphan who- Wait, what? An orphan?

Now I was definite that there was something shady going on.

She told me she had a big family, and not just that, she'd told me possibly hundreds of stories of the said family, there's no way that any of it could have been a lie. I paused in my reading as I thought over my memories, the nagging feeling in my chest told me that there was far more to this story than what I could see, and this family is just the tip of the iceberg.

Nevertheless, at least for now, I continued to read.

Height was 5 ft 5. At least that was believable, she was short compared to my 6 ft 3 self, but I found it cute. Born on the 1st of March, she was 22-years old. Once again, I paused, wondering if that was true or not, she's 8 years younger than me? No wonder I thought she was so innocent.

Before I could continue reading about her, the car came to a stop as we reached our destination, and with an annoyed huff, I shoved the phone into my pocket, stepping out of the car and walking with Ezra as we headed over to the studio where people were already bustling around to get ready for the photoshoot.

I ignored all the stares that followed me as I walked, approaching the photographer whose face lit up with an excited grin at the sight of me.

"Rick!" He exclaimed, opening his arms as he pulled me into an unwelcome hug.