Chapter 26- Man of the Ocean

--Alaric POV--

"This next one is called the Dolce Vita Villa, it's just finished with construction this month so it's not even on the market yet, but I thought it'd be perfect for you." The realtor spoke as she led the way towards the property, and I followed, one hand in my trouser pocket while the other hand took my sunglasses off so that I could get a clearer view of the glistening property.

"I like the location." I nodded my approval.

Ines is currently showing her brother around the city with Maxwell, and I took the opportunity to come here in search of a house.

I remember on the day when I found out she was a mermaid, I had half-jokingly asked her what she wants to do in the future once she broke the curse, and surprising me, she had replied by saying that she wanted a house. A big one, with lots of windows, and a comfy mattress.

So, that is what I'm doing now.

But I must be quite a picky man since I've looked at over 10 different properties so far and there's been something wrong about every single one of them. It was either too big, too small, not enough windows, too many windows, or so on and so forth.

It's gotten to the point where I'm deliberating on just hiring someone to build me a house from scratch, it's not like I couldn't afford it, the only reason I've not done it is because it'll be too time consuming, and I'm an impatient man.

But this house looked promising so far.

"How big is it?" I asked the woman. She had blonde hair slicked back into a tight ponytail that gave me a headache from just looking at it, and she was dressed in a tight bodycon dress with large heels, something I commended her for since this pathway wasn't exactly smooth.

"It's just over two acres of land, and that's just the main property. The 20-car garage is connected to the house and easily accessible. It's got 7 bedrooms, and 9 bathrooms, five hot tubs and an elevator connected through all the floors, from the basement up to the rooftop." I nodded along to her words as we headed inside, pushing open the black aluminium door.

"It's pretty, isn't it?" She giggled, swishing her ponytail around as she strode through the house while I stood back and took in the view.

Would she like this?

I can imagine her here, sitting on that sofa reading a book, dressed in nothing but my shirt, her curly black hair cascading down her back like some sort of adorable seductress.

After the front door was a short corridor for shoe spaces with a door to the left connecting to the large garage, but then you walked into an open space living room with lots of natural lighting. White walls with light grey flooring and bio fold doors leading out onto the patio, and even from here, I had a beautiful view of the Ocean.

"The house has a theatre, a wine cellar, and a spa with multiple sauna's." She explained as I wandered around, going to the kitchen where I leaned against the island, peeking into some of the drawers and playing with the tap before I looked into the pantry.

"Shall we go upstairs?" She asked as I nodded, going to follow her.

"You must be bored of me by now with how indecisive I am," I chuckled, making conversation.

"Not at all, trust me when I say I've had many more difficult customers to work with, although none of them were as handsome as you," I didn't reply to that, forgetting what we were even talking about as we came upstairs, and my eyes took in the view of the pretty space.

"If you ever plan on starting your own family, then this would be a good idea of how to set up the space." She explained as I looked into the children's room, a smile crawling onto my lips at the thoughts that overcame my mind.