BONUS CHAPTER #2

--Ines POV--

"With how close you've gotten to my children, I can't say I'm surprised with how much you're visiting us lately, brother. But you, father, I can't exactly say the same for you..." Crossing my arms, I stood in front of the two men as Adrian, the youngest of my triplets, stood beside me, holding my hand as he splashed the Ocean water.

"I just love these guys so much!" Halcyon gleamed, picking my son up into his arms as he threw him in the air before catching him again.

"Can a grandfather not spend time with his grandchildren without being judged?" My father mumbled judgingly as he poked Adrian's cheek.

"Not if the grandfather has a whole underwater world to rule." But I smiled nonetheless, I can't say I hated the fact that my children were very much loved.

"By the way, where's your mate?" Halcyon asked, looking around as if expecting to see the man appear from thin air.

"He took the girls out shopping. A brave decision on his part, but I'm not complaining; It just means I get to spend some peaceful time with my calmest child." I stated, going to pick Adrian out of Halcyon's arms as he outstretched his little arms for me.

"And I can see that he's a mama's boy." My brother laughed as I kissed my son's cheek, hugging him tightly to me while he giggled.

"So, there are no peering eyes or ears?" My father was the one to ask, his eyes scanning over the beach for any people.

"Not unless you count little Adrian here... But, why do you ask?" I raised a confused brow, noticing that something was amiss, and I had an idea of what it was, but it's not a thought that I wanted to delve too deep into.

"I think you have an idea about what the problem is." He saw right through me.

"I don't want to think about it, papa. Let alone talk about it." I looked to the ground where my feet were sinking into the sand as the foaming waves rode in, crashing against me before lulling itself back.

"Neither do we. But it's not a topic of conversation that can simply be ignored." I wish he was wrong, but as usual, my father only spoke facts, despite how blunt it was.

Panning my eyes to my innocent son, he sat coiled around my waist, fiddling with locks of my hair with a concentrated look on his face, and I knew that I would let this world burn before I ever let anything happen to him or any one of my kids.

Ignorance was bliss while it lasted.

"...I saw him." I looked at my father. 

"A few days ago, after the awards show, I saw Malachi, it was like seeing a nightmare come to life... Rick saw too, but we didn't prod, why would we? He was gone the next second, and I deluded myself into thinking that I was seeing things."

"Well, I don't think you were." Halcyon had to confirm.

"I was there when the judgement was being done, I commanded the Ocean to take his body and I felt the souls leave two bodies. His, and his brothers..." Father spat, a glare on his face as he clenched his fists, the trident in his hand glowing with his anger.

"And two bodies were found a few days later. None of it makes sense. So, maybe it was all just an illusion, right?" I was hopeful that this is all nothing more than a misunderstanding. But I knew better than to believe that ignorance held any truth.

"There's something we've been keeping from you though, sister..." Halcyon started, nervously itching the back of his neck.

"Son, we agreed not to speak of this old news." Father glared at him, but he glared right back.