Chapter 32- Home to You

**3 YEARS LATER**

--Alaric POV--

"Today marks three years since the disappearance of famed singer, Ines Agua. After finding her freedom from the Kingston brothers, she graced the world with a musical single called 'Breathe'. A song that told us about her feelings on the situation, and the song hit number 1 in charts across the globe, but with no company to represent her in her absence, the singer was unable to accept any awards that she won. It is assumed that she returned to her home country in Portugal where she's reunited with her family, but nothing is confirmed. However, the question remains the same; Where is Ines Agua, and will she ever return to the stage?"

The screen went blank as I turned the small television on the back of the seat off, leaning back on my car seat before looking out the window at the passing scenery.

Three years have never felt so long with her absence.

But I was intent on my resolve to wait for her, and that intent wouldn't be fading anytime soon.

"We're almost there, sir. Another five minutes or so," The driver announced as I nodded, running a hand down my face and mentally preparing myself for the onslaught of reporters, cameras and cheers that were waiting for me.

With every award show that I attend, I'm only reminded of the one I went to with her. The way she stepped out of that van in the pink, blush-coloured dress and left the crowd speechless, I remember it so vividly as if it were happening right before my eyes.

But that wasn't the only thing that reminded me of her. I see her in everything, I hear her voice, and that sweet laughter that had my heart thrumming, the feel of her skin on my fingertips was like a dream; The black ringlets of her wild hair, the sexy beauty spot on her neck, and her eyes... I couldn't forget her if I tried.

I hear her footsteps running across the tiled floor like a giddy ballerina drunk on wine, I see her silhouette in the curtains, the sun perfectly hitting them as they blow against the wind, and her figure is there, a shadow, but her chaotic mess of beauty was crystal clear for my eyes to see.

Every night I see her in my dreams, and I wake up waiting for that dream to become reality.

Having sold the penthouse on the same day that she said her goodbyes and then vanished into the depths of the Ocean, I had moved into our empty house on the beach, waiting day by day for her return.

But as of yet, there was no hint of her return.

"We've arrived, sir." I was alerted back to reality, composing myself as I sat up straight, and knocking on the door from the inside, I signalled the waiting security guards outside that I was ready to make my entrance.

With the door sliding open, I put a friendly smile onto my face, stepping out of the vehicle and raising a hand as I waved at all the flashing cameras and cheering fans.

Dressed in a crisp black tux, I made my way down the red carpet, signing a few autographs on the way and taking some pictures with fans as well as doing some solo shots for the cameramen, and when I went to speak to the waiting reporters, I made sure to keep the smile on my face.

"Hi! You look amazing today! How are you!?" She cheered, gesturing to me, tripping over her words in her excitement, but I couldn't blame her. With all the screaming and cheers, and hundreds of celebrities in one place, people were sure to be excited.

"Thank you, and you look amazing yourself. I'm so excited to be here, surrounded by all these talented people. Tonight's going to be crazy." I tried to meet her energy, speaking louder and widening the grin on my face, I tucked my hands into the pockets of my trousers, waiting for her questions.