Chapter 30- Winners & Losers

--Ines POV--

"Let her go, I don't like repeating myself." Malachi smiled. And I knew, all too well, how much he hated repeating himself.

"Let her go, Vivian." I said, looking at the woman who turned to look at me, eyes asking if I was being serious to which I nodded, not wanting to risk her life over Cordelia's.

"Unless you want to be the first person to test out if this gun works or not." The black fog quickly diminished, and Cordelia fell to the ground, panting and coughing for air while Vivian was left, an angry scowl plastered on her features.

"I know you all think of me as a mere Human, but even for a mere Human, I'm quite successful, you know. How many people do you know of that grew to success as quickly as I did? Ines helped, of course, but a voice isn't enough to succeed in this line of work. With this brain of mine that you mocked, I conjured up this bullet which guarantees death to anyone who falls victim to it, and even this Witch that's never taken me seriously is now beneath me."

One thing became clear to me as he spoke, and I shot my head up, my fingers itching to move. I couldn't stay standing here forever waiting for something to happen; But my father noticed, and he subtly shook his head, warning me not to move.

But how could I listen to him? When, potentially, I was the only one that could survive getting shot by that bullet?

"What do you want, Malachi?" I asked, garnering the attention onto myself.

"Ines, what are you doing. Just stay quiet, and then when he's not paying attention, jump into the water and get to safety." Halcyon whispered. But no matter what, his suggestion was out of the question; I may not have been the best fighter, but I'm not so weak as to abandon people.

"You've already lost everything; This gun doesn't change anything. Your reputation? The world already knows of your messed up code of conduct. The police are looking for you as we speak, and the curse is broken. There is no chain linking me to you anymore... So, what are you aiming for right now?"

"What I want?" He raised a brow, I nodded.

"I know, Ines, I've already lost everything. And that's exactly why I'm here right now with this murderous weapon in my hands. With everything lost, there's only more to gain; Because why should I be the only one to go down?"

"W-What do you mean?"

"Other than me and Cordelia, everyone here is someone you care about. If I shoot any one of these people then you would lose someone too, not just me." My blood ran cold, the colour sweeping off my face, and my body freezing in shock as I looked at him.

Is he being serious right now? How far into his insanity has he fallen to be serious about this crazy stunt? I don't remember him being such a cold-blooded creature before, if I recall correctly, there was some warmth of Humanity in him... Where did it all go?

"I've lost everything, it's over for me. But if I'm going down then, at the very least, I want to make sure that you aren't at peace when I'm gone. Because, dear Ines, let's be honest, this is all your fault." He smirked, knowing full well that he was hitting me at my lowest points.

"...What?" I whispered out through trembling lips, not wanting to hear it, but knowing that I didn't have a choice.

"That smile of yours is a bigger weapon than this gun, and I was the first victim. If you weren't there that day then none of this would have ever happened; I may have had a chance for Heaven, greed would never have found me, my brother would have still loved me, and even you yourself would have saved yourself from so much pain-"

"-Don't listen to him." 

Two hands came down from behind to cover my ears, and through widened eyes I watched as Malachi stopped speaking, an amused smirk on his face despite the angry jealousy shining in his eyes.