Seventeen

~Athena's POV~

"All it takes is one good shot" I grumble as me and Caius are in a gas station, Caius says something but until I see the results of the test I'm not believing it "why did you even take the condom from Amy's room?" It has been months since the end of Alice Cullen and her mate, Caius and I have been talking about who we are inviting since mom sent over a list of about two hundred people. Half I don't even know. Turns out Bella is also getting married and Aro—after Carlisle called and begged—being a pushover agreed but made it clear that after the wedding she has to be turned or the threat I made will be made. Also the baby has to be put up for adoption or given to the father or someone who can take care of it.

"I was in a hurry" that's what many say "and I already told you"

"Until" holding up a pregnancy test and hitting him "this tells me what I want to hear you don't say anything" going to the register, Caius pays for the test and he waits outside of the gas station bathroom stall when I do my business.

After a few minutes we see the results and I hit him "Told you" I throw the stick at him "Are you done?"

Shaking my head "Let's go back" Caius shakes his head driving us back to the castle in silence, when we get to the throne room I see Ashley reading with the others. She's still human since their letting us stay human until after we graduate because Caius is very considerate. Also Didyme and Sulpacia said something to their mates that they won't tell us.

"Hey" Ashley smiles to me "where did you two head off in a rush?"

"What book are you reading?" I ask, she hands me the book and I hit Caius with it repeatedly. Caius just had his arms crossed as I hit him with the book.

"Why" Didyme asks "are you hitting Caius?"

"You want to tell them or should I?"

Crossing my arms tapping my foot on the floor as Caius gives me a bored expression before saying "I'm an idiot"

"And?"

"I didn't listen to Athena"

"And?" Yelling at this point, but instead of letting Caius say I turn to the others and jab my finger at Mr. Big and Idiot "He knocked me up!" Their eyes widen looking between us then to my belly where apparently the child is slow and not fast growing, Caius can even hear the heartbeat which since half the cases or most you can't hear the heart.

"Con" Aro was going to say something but he stops seeing the look on my face.

"I am too angry to even be near you or near any vampire" grabbing Ashley's hand "were going to the garden since I doubt there are any stupid idiots there!" When we are in the garden Ashley and I sit in the gazebo.

"Are you happy about the baby?" Ashley asks

"Shocked" sitting cross legged "afraid...I mean the baby according to Caius and what he knows this baby is coming in six months and I'm not ready to be a mother"

"But you already a great one" she reminds me "John loves you more than Amy" 

"I bet when she finds out she's going to get a kick out of it" shaking my head as I wipe away angry tears "this wasn't the plan. The plan was simple. Finish college, get knocked up then live for eternity with Caius"

"You can still do those things" she says "maybe not in that order you just said"

"Your lucky" I say "I mean at least you don't have a boyfriend to knock you up"

"Your right" nodding her head "but then again I don't want kids, even before when Amy said she was pregnant I knew then that I never wanted to have kids. I'll be an aunt but a mother? No"

"Remember when Caius and I visited mom and dad?" She nods her head "We used one of the condoms Amy had and it broke and Caius said not to worry"

"Stupid" she says

Nodding my head "Beyond stupid—mom wants me to come back this weekend since Amy apparently found a wedding dress that she wants us all to see"

"Are you even going to the wedding?" Ashley asks "cause I'm not"

"No" shaking my head "Amy is bitter about it because she wants an expensive gift every since Christmas when Caius have John a check for half a million dollars"

"What?" Ashley exclaims "that's a lot of money"

"Yeah" nodding my head smiling "you should have seen Amy's face, she was irate when we didn't get her anything and how we treat her"

"She brought it on herself"

Nodding my head "Also Caius said that John can access the money when he's seventeen—that he doesn't want Amy or Ricky to touch the money"