Chapter 32

I smiled as I sat down next to all of my cousins. They all looked magnificent in their attire that's consisted of ball gowns and suits. Danielle was absent, but I could see her magnificent red dress on the dance floor.

We talked for ages about what everyone was doing with their lives. I found it hard to memorize all of their names, but they were patient. Harrison never did join me; I suppose he was dancing with Olivia. I hadn't seen another dance with the young Princess.

"So, Elisa, what do you think of Fondèan?" Asked Ginny.

"Who?" I asked, confused.

"Fondèan a school in Whites that has a ridiculous acceptance rate. They don't let in very many per year, but it's the best school in the country," Stephanie answered, her eyes sparkling behind her large frames.

"Well, I think my home is here for now," I said honestly, toying with my engage,net necklace.

"I understand. I'm sure you'd get in if you applied, though. They'd be honored to have a selected member in their midst, darn their 3% acceptance rate," Shelby grinned. The young author seemed to have bright innocence in her smile. "I'd go there if they'd accept me."

I had to excuse myself to go get a glass of champagne. I never finished the one I had earlier, so I felt the need to grab another. When I got one, I sat down next to Marlee, who had her tiara sitting on the table and her chin in her hand.

"Where's Prince Luc?" I asked, noticing his absence.

"He went to sleep. The time zones got him changed up," she replied. "Where did you go off to a while ago?"

I felt myself freeze and a blush warm my cheeks. I shook my head, my curls falling over my shoulder. "Nowhere," I said casually.

"Fine, don't tell me," she smiled as she sat back in her chair. "You know I don't tell secrets."

"Why do you think I told you about Nathan?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

It was true. I confided most of my trust in her. She was by far my favorite person in the palace, aside from Nathan and Aaron. We talked for hours as people began to shuffle out of the ballroom, bidding goodnight to the King and Queen.

"No way," I laughed. "He spit in a bird's head? Why?"

"I don't know! But Olivia, Aaron, and I were in the gardens with our cousin Astra and we found this bird. It's head was cut off, and Astra dared Aaron to spit in it. He didn't want to be considered a baby, I guess, because he did it!"

"That's disgusting," I giggled. I saw Aaron across the dance floor dancing with his mother. They seemed to be having the grandest time. "I love him."

"You do?" She raised an eyebrow.

"More than you know," I smiled. As if pulling a trigger, he bowed to America and came to our table.

"Would you do me the honor?" He asked with a dramatic how.

"Of course!" Marlee exclaimed sarcastically.

"Not you," he shook his head. "I was talking to the girl that doesn't step on my toes."

"I do not step on your toes!" Marlee denied.

"My toes say otherwise," he laughed as he took my hand and led me out to the floor. The other elite had retired to their rooms, so it was just a few stragglers, family members, and drunks that remained in the ballroom.

I wrapped my arms around his head and leaned my head on his chest, my breathing steady on his neck. His arms wrapped around my waist as he kissed my hair.

"Why did you spit in a bird's head?" I murmured with my eyes closed.

He forced me to look at him with a dead seriousness in his eyes. "She told you?" He said with fear.

"Yeah," I giggled. "Why?"

"I wanted to see if it would come out the other end," he mumbled shamefully. I laughed at him as he took my hands in his. He pushed me back, so we were leaning opposite ways and pulled us back together.

"Aaron!" I laughed while he danced in a silly fashion with me. It was mostly him doing the dancing because I was laughing the whole time. He picked me up by the waist and spun me around. He dipped me deeply, supporting my back with his hand. He kissed my nose and pulled me back up.

"People are watching," I reasoned as he continued spinning me until I was dizzy.

"Let them see. Love isn't always serious and romantic; it can be silly too," he beamed.

"If I had to look stupid with anyone, I'm glad it's you," I smiled.

"Me too," he whispered as he landed a kiss on my mouth. I pulled him to me as I laughed, smiles on both of our faces.

"I love you," I said gazing into his eyes.

"I love you too, Elly," he said, returning my gaze. He pecked my lips again. "Let's keep dancing."

"You're lucky I'm putting up with this," I laughed as he released me into a spin.

"Oh, my darling Elly," he grinned. "You'll be doing it for a long time."