☆[1]☆

Please vote and comment❤

2.8k words

She tapped her well-manicured nails on the table impatiently, as she waited along with three more people. Right now, the ball is in her court. She is holding the strings of two most powerful people. Yet, one of them didn't show up on time creating a dent in her ego.

She soothed herself with the thought that the person might be ready to accept all her negotiations because he made her wait for almost half an hour now.

"How long are we going to wait?" She looked at the watch, pretending to look at the time even though she decided to leave. "I don't have all day. I am leaving."

"Wait, Ms. Manoban. He made it easy for us. You can just sign with us. We are ready for any of your conditions." Mr. Choi interrupted.

"I..." Before Lisa could answer, a loud voice interrupted followed by the noise of the door opening.

"Well. Well. Desperate much. At least act subtle Choi." The man 'tch'ed shaking his head as he took his seat and continued. "I cannot believe the world considers you my rival. Honestly, it's very disrespectful if you ask me."

She was observing his every move, every expression etched on his face that was barely visible, making it hard to read his face even for an egoistic mastermind like her.

She involuntarily moved forward putting her elbows on the table in front of her, giving her complete attention to him. Her body fully surrendered to his aura without her notice as soon as he entered the room. He raised his eyes to look at her, who was already looking at him.

She blinked rapidly and looked away. For the first time in her life, she was one to look away. This should irk her but strangely nothing of that sort happened. The man Jeon Jungkook smirked and looked away from her.

He knows. He knows the effect he has on her. He knows he didn't have to pave the way, he just needs to walk on it now.

She cleared her throat to speak understanding he was not going to apologize for being late. "So, shall we start the meeting?"

Jungkook signaled his PA, waving his hand who immediately put the contract on the table. "Sign it. The deal will be closed."

She frowned but soon brought her confident demeanor back. She crossed her hands on her chest leaning her back on the chair. "Don't we need to negotiate and discuss the terms & conditions of this collaboration?"

Jungkook let out a sarcastic throaty laugh. "Don't you trust your company and designs that you need to negotiate? Now I am having second thoughts." He finished, making a thinking face.

"We already accepted your company's conditions Ms. Manobal." Choi interrupted rather hurriedly before Jungkook stepped in yet again.

"You already got our terms and the changes we made in your contract. Just so you know. Not a word will be changed the way we printed." He spoke confidently and sternly. Fully in contrast to the man he interrupted.

"You are the one who requested this from us. What makes you think this will happen on your terms?" Lisa asked with an amused smirk on her face.

"Oh, Ms. Manoban. It will happen on my terms or it won't at all." That right there, caused a crack in her ego. She turned towards the other party.

"I am signing the contract with your company and make it 40% instead of 35%." She made the last request looking into Jungkook's eyes, just to prove that she is the one under control.

His smirk didn't faze even for a second. He took a deep breath and stood up with his hands in his pockets. "So, same time tomorrow?" Everyone in the room frowned. Jungkook rolled his eyes and spoke. "To sign the contract. Come one y'all. Pay attention."