☆[25]☆

~20240404

Jungkook grumbled when he opened his eyes

Jungkook grumbled when he opened his eyes. He cursed beneath his breath as a stinging pain shot through his skull. He peered around the unfamiliar room as soon as he opened his eyes.

He paused upon seeing Taehyung curled up next to him, his head leaning against the bed while he slept on the chair. His memory went back to everything that had happened before he lost consciousness.

'It worked.' He gave himself a mental pat on the back and surveyed the space with a triumphant smile. He is, after all, precisely where he intended to be.

With a tight grip on his brow, he muttered an expletive, "Fvck" when he felt the sting.
"But it's worth it." He stared at Taehyung's serene face as he stroked the bandage across his forehead.

He nearly cupped his face, but he refrained himself. "See, this is so much better, isn't it? You next to me." He expressed with a whisper, adjusting the locks on his forehead. He withdrew his hands to get ready for his next "move."

Quietly removing the duvet, he ensured not to disturb Taehyung's sleep, keen on executing his plan flawlessly.

To make sure he wasn't hurt elsewhere, he moved this leg. He examined his wounded hand, which was still functional.

He carefully stood up from the opposite side of the bed, keeping Taehyung in his gaze. He moved to the door and stopped to glance back as he slyly nudged a vase on the nearby table with a smirk.

Taehyung flinched as the vase collided with the floor, shattering into pieces. Still dazed, he glanced around in panic. He scowled and inadvertently brushed his palm across the vacant bed. After processing everything, his eyes returned to the shattered vase, where Jungkook stood.

Upon locking eyes, Jungkook wearily expressed his apologies, showcasing his vulnerability as he grasped the door for support. "I am sorry. I-I wanted to get out of here before you got up. I--I will leave." After glancing at the ground, he turned to walk away. He winced with each step, showing signs of discomfort.

In a panic, Taehyung got up and walked over to face Jungkook. He instantly put his hands around Jungkook's waist and wrapped Jungkook's hand around his shoulder.

"Don't strain yourself. You need rest." He urged, guiding Jungkook towards the bed.

"I've bothered you enough already. I'll give Bright a call and..."

"The doctor said you need rest." With concern, he glanced at Jungkook's leg before making eye contact with a plea. "You can't even stand properly."

"But---"

"Please..."

Hesitantly nodding, Jungkook allowed Taehyung to guide him and assist with getting him into bed.

"I think we should go to the hospital and get your leg checked. The doctor didn't say anything about your leg." Taehyung's words carried a lot of concern.