☆[20]☆

~20240125

"What were you talking about?" Jungkook asked with a scowl

Taehyung rolled his eyes before patting the space next to him, gesturing him to sit.

Jungkook gave a displeased look for the lack of answer, nevertheless he sat down with his hands wrapped around his knees, staring up front.

"Do you have to talk to him like that here too?" Taehyung looked at him for an instant before turning away his gaze. "This is why nobody could ever tell you are brothers."

Jungkook was about to speak but Taehyung cut him off swiftly. "Please, don't answer. I know, you'll answer as Mr Jeon. Only talk if you want to answer as Jungkook."

The other went stiff, eyebrow quivering before they drew together. He stayed silent and Taehyung got the answer. He giggled, bringing Jungkook out of the daze. "See, that means you were indeed going to answer as Mr Jeon."

"What's the difference? Mr Jeon IS Jungkook." Jungkook reply was so quick and confident. After all, it was an easy answer because he knew himself more than anyone.

"The difference..." Taehyung dragged nodding his head and continued. "You want to know the difference Mr Jeon?"

Taehyung looked at him, who was waiting for his answer. "The same difference you pointed out the third time we met."

The scowl on Jungkook's face deepened in confusion. He was still staring the lake and his brain was running a marathon.

"The Taehyung who is hiding deep under the layers of this facade that even you wouldn't dare to know. I want to know that Taehyung. Remember? Same goes for you too, Mr Jeon." He finished with a smile.

Jungkook finally looked at him, staring at the ethereal man. The beautiful moonlight dimmed under his radiance. Taehyung swung his legs that were dipped in the water, lazily humming a tune ending the comfortable silence.

Jungkook blinked his eyes rapidly and looked away. He cleared his throat and pointed at his legs, trying his best to be casual with diverting the topic. "Aren't you cold?"

"It's warm."

He frowned at the answer. "Warm?" He whispered to himself before folding the end of his sweats to check it himself. He put his leg in the lake carefully but swiftly pulled back at how cold the water were.

"Fvck! It's cold!!"

"It's warm." Taehyung whispered yet again.

"Bu-" Taehyung looked at him with warm smile on his face and interrupted.

"It's really warm." And Jungkook understood what the other was implying to.

Taehyung put his hand on Jungkook warm ones, who flinched internally. He looked straight into his eyes. "It's so warm." He licked his lips and smiled. "Thank you for bringing me here."

Jungkook kept staring at him without a blink. The boy is leaving him speechless for more times than he can count.

He was sure he saw Taehyung's eyes shine. Was it the moonlight reflecting on the beautiful orbs or thin layer of tears? He couldn't tell. But he was sure that either way, Taehyung face looked peaceful for the first time ever.

Taehyung stared back into those mesmerizing doe eyes. His eyes travelling towards the scar on his cheekbone. He raised his hand to gently cup his cheek.

Jungkook was supposed to push away but he did the opposite, leaning into the touch.

Taehyung smiled gently caressing the scar with his thumb. " I don't know how long it has been that I felt warm. Thank you so much, Jungkook. Wanna know how I know you are Jungkook and not Mr Jeon?"

Jungkook gave a subtle robotic nod. Taehyung lick"I can see it in your eyes. These eyes belongs to Jungkook who rushed to another city in a blink, worried for his mother. They belong to the same Jungkook who saved me. The same Jungkook who checks on me if I am okay."

Jungkook gulped at his words, his eyes finally found something beautiful than the almond eyes. The soft glistening lips. The moonlight reflecting on those moist lips.

Taehyung's smile faded when he noticed Jungkook stare at his lips. He licked them nervously and looked away, blinking. He carefully removed his palm on Jungkook's face, trying to register his prior actions.

Before he could fully pull away, Jungkook held his wrist and pulled him forward, startling him. Jungkook cupped his cheek, emulating Taehyung's action except his thumb caressed his bottom lip, wiping the shine off his lips.

Taehyung closed his eyes at the action. He held Jungkook's hand on his wrist in reflex, digging his nails.

He finally opened them when the motion of the thumb halted only to see Jungkook lean closer. Everything around Taehyung went blurry, including Jungkook. The only proof that he was getting closer was the minty breath he felt right on his lips and that familiar scent was enough for him to unblur things.

And just when he felt Jungkook's soft lips slightly graze his, he moved away and that seemed to have brought Jungkook out of his reverie too. The shock and surprise of his own actions were clear on his face.

"Uh-h I should get going. We need to go back early tomorrow." Taehyung stuttered, getting up. He didn't once look back at Jungkook even accidentally. He held his shoes clumsily with his shakey hands. "G-good n-ight..."

He wished and left, almost running inside the house. Jungkook couldn't here and single word of what he said, busy rewinding what just happened and what was about happen.

"Fvck..." He whispered, widening his eyes. He jerked his head back to look at Taehyung who was swiftly walking into the house. He saw him stumble a couple of times.

"Fvck! Fvck! Fvck!" He looked away and rubbed his face in frustration. "Oh god..." He groaned, leaning back on the bridge and stared at the sky. He was breathing heavily, still feeling the touch of the soft plump lips and all he could utter was... "Fvck!"

.

Taehyung closed the door to his room in a thud, leaning against it. He fisted his chest, trying to calm his fast beating heart. He bit on his bottom lip, bringing his hand to caress it with the thumb.

Jungkook's face flashed in his mind and he removed his hand from his face.

"What is wrong with you?!" He whisper yelled to himself and continue. "Were we about too... No! It was nothing. Yeah. But what if I didn't move away... Arghh-- stop it Taehyung." He cursed himself before walking into the bathroom for a warm shower.

He hummed songs in the shower, trying his best to be casual, pretend like nothing happened but he was failing miserably. Though his lips were humming, his mind was filled with what happened at the lake.

After finishing, Taehyung walked out of the room on a robe. He got under the covers and was scrolling through his phone when he heard and knock.

"Taehyung? It's me." He heard Mrs Jeon from the other. "Please come in, Mrs Jeon." He answered, getting up from the bed, setting his robe in place.

Continuation will be posted tomorrow. Sorry. I need to rest. Take care.
Thank you for understanding.❤️