☆[18]☆

~20240105

Jungkook blinked his eyes as he stared at the smiling figure in front of him. Taehyung looked at him head to toe and smirked. "So this how Mr. Jeon Jungkook looks like at his home. Although I remember you wearing casual wear during our first meets but that didn't quite make sense y'know... Umm.. won't you welcome me in?"

Jungkook robotically moved away making way for Taehyung who stepped in while thanking him. He looked around the house. "So... Where was I? Ya... the outfits. They didn't quite fit. Your suits describe you and now this. The real you."

Jungkook stared at the male before composing himself. He was about to speak but Taehyung beat him to it. "Before you say anything, I wanna thank you." Taehyung smiled genuinely and forwarded the little bag in his hand towards Jungkook. "Thank you so much for that day. And I am sorry I didn't say this before."

Jungkook was at loss of words as see stared at Taehyung in daze. He is not used to Taehyung being so raw. He has been open lately compared to before but now, all he could see was the real Taehyung he always talks about. Not a single muscle that moved on his face that includes his smile or the words he spoke had been so real, so raw and so genuine.

And Jungkook is sure, that the person standing in front of him right now is the real Taehyung, who has been hiding behind the walls.

He didn't know what to answer after Texting thanked him. He took the bag out of Taehyung's hold and looked inside. He smiled picking up what's inside and rolled his eyes. "A CELIO perfume? Classic Kim Taehyung gift. But still, thank you." He put the perfume bottle back into the bag and put it not so gently on the couch.

"Please, make yourself at home." Jungkook pointed at the sofa before making way towards the kitchen and returned with a bottle of water.

"Thank you. It's so hard to look at you like this." Taehyung smiled, taking a sip from his bottle. He looked at the bag next to him.

Jungkook scoffed and took a seat, a little far from the other. "I have a lot of questions. But first, how did you fi--"

"This is the last perfume my mom made before the accident." Taehyung interrupted him as he took the bag. On the other hand, Jungkook felt his breath hitch in his throat at the information.

"This is so precious to me. I kept this one solely to myself without recreating it to the world." He put the bag away at it's previous spot and looked at Jungkook. "So, imagine how grateful I am to you that I am giving you this."

Jungkook frowned lost in thoughts before clenching his fists. This only added to his previous worries. This is the reason he wanted to stay away. And suddenly everything felt like a switch. Like a trigger.

He was running away from what? From this naive man infront of him who is baring his emotions out in open? He scoffed at the thought, he wanted to get back in control. He can't keep this going.

What triggered Jungkook to think this way? Was it his ego as usual? Or the emotions he suddenly felt?

Whatever it is, he wasn't going to give in.

"Taehyung-ssi... Don't you think you are a little late to thank me?" He leaned back on the sofa while smirking. "And I don't wanna accept it."

"Hmm... Just so you know Jungkook-ssi, I am stubborn as you are if not more." Taehyung challenged.

"Hah... Impossible."

"Oh, it's so on Jungkook-ssi." Taehyung smiled, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning back on the sofa, snuggling a little into it making himself comfortable. He looked around the living room, nodding his head at the impressive designs.