☆[21]☆

53k+ words are written so far for this book and we are not even half way there.😬😅

~20240205

"Did I disturb you?" Taehyung shook is head with an assuring smile. She looked at his robe and pointed at the closet. "I put Jungkook's clothes in there. You can change to them if you want."

"Ah-- no. Thank you Mrs Jeon. I am comfortable."

"I am sorry that I couldn't do much. I didn't expect Kookie to bring anyone over."

"Please, you've already done so much Mrs Jeon. I didn't expect I'd come here too. But I am glad."

There was moment of pleasant silence before Shinhye started. "You know, you are the first person he ever brought home. You must be special."

"I am not special Mrs Jeon. I am just stubborn." Taehyung quipped. "But I must say he was very worried when he got the call. I have never seen him so out of his stance before."

Mrs Jeon smiled fondly. "Even though I am sad, I am not sorry for doing what I did. It pains my heart that I can't spend time with my kids. I was missing them so much that I left the love of my life alone." He pouted, slumping her shoulders thinking about her husband.

"I am sure Mr Jeon must be missing you too."

"Of course!! He called me like a million times already!!"

Taehyung's smile died when her words reminded him of his parents. They were exactly like them. He flinched, shaking off the emotions when he felt her warm hand cup his.

"I'm really glad that I met you." She took a deep breath and continued. "Kookie was always a quite kid but he was nice. But as he grew up, he changed a lot. Sometimes, I question my upbringing. But I won't lose hope because that's all I have. He is not bad but he is--uh ---he is just--"

Mrs Jeon was searching for the right words when Taehyung interrupted, finishing the sentence for her. "He is driven by ego."

Mrs Jeon turned towards him and watched him intently as he continued. "He is like a little kid throwing tantrums. As much as heis good at masking his emotions that's how transparent he is when he cannot contain them. He is not bad but he is not good either. Every time your complain about him, he doesn't feel any regret or guilt because he is exactly how he wants himself to be and he knows exactly what he is doing. He wouldn't be what he is today if not for the way he is."

Mrs Jeon couldn't help but smile and gently cup his cheek, feeling overwhelmed with how much the other knows about his son. "Perfect. Nobody can describe him better. Not even me." She let out a sigh of relief, glad that he knows what kind of a person her son is. Her hope sprouting after what felt like forever, just when she considered giving up.

Taehyung smiled, involuntarily leaning into the soft and warm touch that felt so familiar. She ruffled his hair before getting up to leave the room.

"You must be tired. I am sorry for keeping you up."

"It's okay Mrs Jeon. I enjoy being in your company."

"Me too." Shinhye smiled. "Goodnight Taehyung."

"Good night, Mrs Jeon." Taehyung smiled walking behind her as she made her way out of the room.

"Can I ask something?" She hesitantly asked, turned around to face the confused man who gave an assuring nod. "Go ahead Mrs Jeon."

"Can you call me mom?"

Smile left his face and his heart took a dive, landing in his knees.
"Mom?" He barely whispered, feeling the noxious burn in his gut.

Mrs Jeon squeaked before pulling him into a hug, too happy and excited to notice his bitter voice and blank face. She held both of his hands in hers, eyes glimmering. "Thank you. I don't how long your business friendship will last but remember, you'll always be special to me."