Drunk or Sober

TW: SA and Attempted Rape

We walk in to Meredith's house to see Alex, Meredith and Cristina passing a bottle of tequila around the living room.

"Hey Lexie! You're an ass!" Alex screams from the couch, slurring his words.

"Alex shut up I'm glad she broke up with you." Cristina says yanking the bottle out of Alex's hands.

"You guys want a drink? Come sit with us!" Meredith calls.

"No no it's ok we're both pretty drunk already we should be getting to bed." I say, April slowly walking behind me. She obviously cannot take her alcohol well and probably doesn't drink much. I hold her arm as I lead her up the stairs and she stumbles into the walls, almost knocking down the paintings.

"Damn April is wrecked." I hear Cristina laugh as I reach the top of the stairs. I lead April into her room and she throws herself on the bed.

"You need to get out of your clothes. You can't sleep in jeans." I tell her as she starts covering herself in blankets.

"Yes I can!" She mumbles into her pillow. I go in her drawer and pick out a little pajama set and lay them on her bed.

"April put your pajamas on!" I say in a demanding voice.

"You're not my mom!" April yells as she gets up, obeying what I said. She stands at the head of her bed and starts kicking her boots off with a struggle. She needs to unzip them but for some reason forgot how to. She keeps kicking the air trying to get them to magically fly off.

"April april calm down let me take them off for you." I say, rushing over to her aid. I get on my knees and place one boot on my right thigh. I reach up the her knees and slowly unzip it. I slide the boot off to reveal yellow socks with little cartoon ducks on them. I giggle at it and April tucks her foot back.

"Are you laughing at my ducks!" She says in defense, still heavily slurring her words.

"No no I'm not I swear. I love your ducks." I say, giggling under my breath. I put her other boot on my left thigh and start unzipping it. I slid it off and stand back up to face her. She looks down and unzips her jeans. She slides them off to reveal skimpy red underwear. I can't help myself but stare. She pulls her grey striped shirt over her head and I'm met with her boobs.

I look up at the celling to give her some privacy. I see in the corner of my eye she unhooks her bra and lets it fall to the ground. I keep my head up to not see her perfect breasts. She turns around and bends over the bed to pick up the pajamas I left for her. I look down and admire her body as she slides her shirt on. She bends down to put her pants on but keeps missing the hole to put her leg through. She starts whining because she can't put them on.

"It's ok let me help you." I say giggling at how shit faced she is. I place her feet in the holes and pull her pants up. She turns around and jumps into her bed. I lay her blankets on her and she's asleep before I leave the room.

I shut her door quietly and make my way to my bedroom. I sludge up the stairs and wince when the light hits my eyes. I get dressed in a t-shirt and no pants and dive into my bed. I lay on my back and stare at the angled ceiling, thinking.

I wonder if April will remember tonight. She has to right? She has to remember the kissing. She wouldn't do that if she didn't want to right? She's a Catholic country virgin. She kissed me back. I'm not a fault, right?

I cannot shut my mind up so I decide to write a little in my journal. I reach over the bed to my purse and take out my tiny notebook. I search my purse for something to write with and find the pen April had behind her ear. I don't even know how that got in there but I'm not complaining.

After 30 minutes of writing my door swings open to reveal a man standing at the bottom of the stairs. I shove my pen and notebook back into my purse and sit up. He climbs up and Alex stands in the light.

"OH MY GOSH YOU SCARED ME! What the fuck do you want?"

"You."

"What! Alex you're drunk, go to bed." I say, trying to brush him off.

"No I love you." He says getting closer to my bed.

"Alex stop this. You don't love me. You still love Izzie."

"No Izzie left me. I hate her. I love you. Please Lex take me back. I swear I'll be a good boyfriend!" He says, basically begging. He straddles me and kisses me, washing away the kiss April left there.

"Stop it's! Alex stop! Get off me!"

"Please Lexie. I need you!" He says, whining into my mouth. He starts taking my shirt off and grabs my breasts.

"ALEX I SAID NO STOP IT!" But he doesn't. He's drunk and not in the right state of mind so all you can do is scream. He travels down my body and pulls my underwear downs as I howl. I try and kick him off but I don't want to hurt him. I feel bad for him. His wife left him, he has more competition with all the new residents, he got shot, and I just broke up with him. None of that excuses what he is doing to me.

"ALEX STOP IT PLEASE HELP!" I scream, trying to get the attention of anyone. I guess today everyone decided to not be nosy. That's a first.

Suddenly, when I thought all hope was lost, I see light dash into my room. I see the door opened at the bottom of the stairs and someone walking up the stairs. A familiar ginger walks up to my bed is assistance.

"HELP ME HE WONT STOP!" I scream for April as Alex starts removing his pants. She tries to push him off me but she is thrown against the wall. I gasp in astonishment at what he just did and try like hell to get away to help her. She stands up and punched Alex square in the jaw. He falls onto the other side of the bed in pain. I didn't know she had that in her.

I look over at her, my knight in shining armor. I quickly put my shirt and underwear back on and hug her tightly. She wraps her arms around my neck as my tears I didn't know I was crying soak her top.

"It's ok Lex, it's ok. I got you it's ok." She says, reassuring me.

"Thank you." I say between sniffles. "Where'd you learn to lunch like that?"

"I don't know where that came from." April says giggling. Alex stands up and walks over to us. "Back up or I'm gonna punch you again."

"Lexie tell your guard dog to stand down." He says as he goes downstairs. April looks over at me to see I'm shaken up.

"Aw Lex, want to sleep in my bed tonight? It's already 3 A.M but you can call out of work. I think you need a day off." I shake my head in agreement and she puts her arm around me and leads me down the stairs.

"I see that sleep sobered you up." I say, choking back tears. "So do you remember anything from last night? Or I guess this morning."

"Do you mean us making out in-front of Joe's or you seeing me completely naked when you got me in my pajamas." Shit.

"I'm so sorry we can just forget about it. I promise I won't make anything of it. It was stupid of me to even kiss you I jus-" she cuts me off by kissing me. She's so soft and smells of citrus. She parts our lips and smiles at me.

"I'm definitely not forgetting it." We enter her room and she tell me to lay down. She tucks me in and lays down beside me. She spoons me and I let myself sink into her, feeling all the freedom of the world.

Does this chapter show how much I hate Alex?