Chapter 27- Blake's POV

A/N: I promise. I am working on this story. However, I have been working on others more. If you want me to update this before I actually do, feel free to tell me to update, but please give me about three days to do so.

Thanks

~Rissa

_______________________________________________________________________________

I had my head on the bar table and groaned, drunk out of my mind. My head and heart ached, and I couldn't tell which one hurt worse.

My heart yearned to be with the female that had captured it, but I didn't know if she wanted me back. And it didn't help that I had treated her like shit the first few days we actually held a conversation with each other until I found out what she was hiding.

If she wanted me, then she would be more of a saint than me.

I wanted to forget all about her, the way that her face lit up when she smiled at me and how her eyes seemed to grow softer. I wanted to forget about the way she moved and danced, so gracefully that I had a feeling she would have won multiple competitions if she had been allowed to compete in them.

"So," the bartender said, sliding something towards me. He looked at me; I could feel his gaze on me, and I couldn't help but wonder if he knew my secret. "Is this all over some girl?" he asked.

"Yes," I said and didn't lift my head from its spot, "but she isn't some girl. She's a very beautiful girl, both inside and out. She's sweet and charming, and she makes my heart flutter and stop beating, but..."

"But..?" the bartender inquired, and I had a feeling he raised an eyebrow. "But what?"

"But I don't think she wants a guy like me. We've been in school with each other for many years, and I had normally ignored her because I thought she was just some nerd that didn't know how to have fun."

"Hmph." He paused. "What changed?" he asked.

"We were set up together for a project for school, and I got to know her. I got to see the real her that she kept hidden, and I fell in love with her."

The bartender nodded and stayed silent. He cleared his throat and shifted away from me. "Give me a second," he said when he heard someone call his name. "I have to take care of this customer."

I grunted my response and didn't say another word while he went to help the other customer. My heart was broken while I waited for him to get back or whoever he called to get here.

All I wanted to do was get another thing to drink, but I had a feeling that the bartender wouldn't allow me to have something else, or at least have something alcoholic like I wanted.

Damn you, Bay, I thought and closed my eyes while I banged my head on the table. Damn you and the way that you are making me feel.

"Blake?" someone asked and worry filled their voice. "Stop banging your head on the table." They placed their hand on my shoulder, and I stopped banging my head on the table but didn't lift it.

I stayed silent and grew tense while I waited for them to do something else. I had no idea whose hand was on my shoulder and didn't care.

"Are you Princess?" the bartender that was taking care of me asked the person when he got back towards us.

"Well, I guess so," the person beside me replied. "That was my number that you had called."

"Hmph," the male said. "Tell him that he owes over one hundred dollars when he is not as drunk as he is."

"I can just cover it now," the person said and removed their hand from my shoulder to grab the bill. "It's not a big deal."

"Will he let you?" he asked, and I had a feeling that he had looked at me, but I ignored him.