Chapter 6- Bailey

I opened the door when I heard a knock and frowned, shocked at who I saw staring back at me. Anger coursed through my system, and I glared at my cousin, my blue eyes flashing to a darker color, and the male gulped nervously. "Why is he here?" I asked coldly, gripping the door tighter. I had to take a couple of deep breaths, trying to keep my anger in check.

Blake frowned and looked me up and down. Realization seemed to hit him like a runaway train because he saw what was hidden behind baggy jeans and baggy sweatshirts. "Bailey?" he asked, confused. "But I thought-"

I snorted, interrupting him. "It's called contacts, fake glasses, and baggy clothing, Peterson," I replied, disgust evident in my voice. "You should try it. It's a good disguise, and it makes people think that you were weaker and uglier than you are."

"Sorry, Bay," Trevor said. He moved a hand through his hair and grinned at me sheepishly. "He wanted to come and-"

"And, you could've just given me a heads up. I could've made sure that the kids were-"

"Kids? You have children?" Blake asked, interrupting me. He looked at me and pursed his lips. "I did no-"

"I am trying to become their legal guardian," I replied, interrupting him. I glanced at Blake before looking at Trevor. "Nobody needs to know what shit I deal with."

"And, I hate lying to him, Bays. I know that you dis-"

"Hate. The word you are looking for is hate."

Trevor narrowed his eyes, hating me for interrupting him. His nostrils flared, but he did not try to say anything about it. He knew better. "-dislike Blake, but if he understood what you are going through... then he might try to be nicer."

I snorted, clenching the door tighter. I was glad that it wasn't going to break because I didn't need that on my list of stuff to worry about. "Blake and nice in the same subject, nevertheless the same sentence? Ya, I would believe that for anyone else except with me because we are two very different people, ranked on different levels in school."

"Because you want to go unnoticed as the loner that is ignored by everyone," Trevor reminded me. "Not as the-"

"Exactly," I replied, interrupting him again. "Which is why I made all of those "adjustments" to get into your house when you held parties, and I wasn't in my room but was at the gym, hitting something and someone."

"Do you still use those?" Trevor asked nervously. He flicked his eyes around as if he was trying to spy something out of the ordinary. "I keep hearing strange things sometimes, and I do not know if it is you or someone that will actually try to break into the house and steal something."

I smirked. "May-be," I replied, and Trevor shifted on his feet uncomfortably. I did sneak into their house from time to time and stole from Trevor's secret stash every so often. I loved the fact that I could get him scared shitless while no one else could. That was why Uncle Dalton, Trevor's dad, never fixed the entrances.

Trevor huffed and pursed his lips. "Can we come in?" he asked, changing the subject. "Blake promises not to discuss whatever he sees in there with anyone else." He glared at Blake, who looked confused as all get out.

"Huh?" he asked, furrowing his brows. 'Oh... right. Sorry. Ya, I won't say anything."

"If you do, you will see how much damage I can do on a person," I said, narrowing my eyes at him. "Ask Trevor if you don't believe me." With that, I stalked in and was followed by the two men.

***

"What are you doing up there, Ryan?" I asked, spying the ten-year-old, reaching for the cookie jar. "No animals on the counter."

"The only animal I see is you," Ryan shot back. He stared at me with amusement as he hopped off the counter. "It's your fault for putting those delicious cookies on the high shelf."

"Ya, after the day you had so far, I thought that they would be gone," Chrissy said. She looked up from where she was doing her homework and caught me scowling. "It's not my fault that you rant everything out to Trevor while walking around the whole apartment."

"I thought you all were asleep," I replied. I rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly. I was not trying to wake them up when I called Trevor, but I needed to vent.

"It's hard to sleep when your phone was blaring, 'I'm a Barbie Girl,'" Ryan said. "And with Mimi kicking, you awake every so often."

I rubbed my side, grimacing. I knew how he felt because all four of the kids were in my bed last night, and Amelia, Mimi, was in between him and I. Chrissy slept at our feet, and Michael slept on my other side. "Your brother had his sock in my mouth again."

Ryan snickered. "You might want to talk to Mimi," he said, seriously. "She is having a hard time with everything."

I frowned and nodded my head, worried about the youngest child. "I will talk to her later." I glanced at Blake, scowling. "Now, why are you here again?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Blake sighed and moved a hand through his hair. "I want to apologize for the way that I have acted," he said. "And probably will act towards you. I just..." He shook his head. "You are just a nerd and easy to pick on, an-"

"I am going to stop you right there," Trevor mused. "She is not just a nerd, and the only reason that she is easy to pick on is that she doesn't fight back. Ask some of the guys on the football team, and they will tell you that she is not just a nerd."

Blake raised an eyebrow and looked me up and down. His eyes lingered on my breasts, and I cleared my throat and arched an eyebrow. "And what do you mean by that?" he asked, looking at Trevor before looking back at me.

I bowed mockingly, and the two twerps in the kitchen to snicker. "Bailey Prescott at your service. Would you like an asswhoopin' with that whine?"  

__________________________________________________________________

A/N: Yes, 'Barbie Girl' is Blake's ringtone on Bailey's phone